3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

2007 Dodge Steering Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Dodge Steering Problems

Hey i have a 2007 5.9 with about 13,000 miles on it. I am having some issues with the steering, it will lock up driving down the road. Has any one else had problems with there steering? I had it happen going 60MPH then happen again pulling into my driveway. Has happened about 15 times now, any ideas what it could be before i take it to the dealer? Thanks!!
Old 09-07-2007, 09:08 PM

Never happens to mine...
Old 09-07-2007, 10:29 PM

I have no idea, but I would not be driving it.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:10 AM

It will only do it for about 2-3 seconds. Im not driving it now i have another car to drive, i just have not had time to take it to the dealer.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:05 AM

When you get the issue fixed do yourself a favor and get a "DSS" Darrin's steering stabilizer will save the life of your steering box and eliminate wander.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:59 PM

Well its at the dealer and they just called me saying they cant figure it out, and dont have the hours to keep looking for the problem. So they told me to come pick it up with the steering still locking up and driving it till it happens more often. Any ideas on why the steering would be doing this? Thanks
Old 09-19-2007, 08:48 PM

I had a similar problem with an 03 that I had. Only it never came unlocked. The dealer towed from the intersection it was in and replaced the box, no problems since. Please be careful, I was fortunate to be stopped when it happened, I hate to imagine what could have happend in a corner at 80.

I would call another local dealer (service) and explain the problem, and see if they have heard the same thing.

Good luck.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:07 AM

Yeah it has happened when i was getting off the freeway at 60, its not fun. I will call another dealer tomorrow and see what they can do, since this dealer doesnt want to help me out. This dealer said they have not heard of anything like this before. Thanks for the help!
Old 09-20-2007, 08:10 AM

Sounds like you need a new steering box, they should have just done it, safety issue. Tell them that since it's steering the cannot duplicate excuse doesn't fly - change the box. Of course you can also tell them you will OWN them when your lawyer's done with them following an accident. I hope they gave you it in wirting, good evidence, if they didn't make them put it in writing. Try another dealer, but I would try DC too, that's what the 800 number is for. Don't keep driving with the problem, you life is at risk and so is everyone around you.

CD
Old 09-20-2007, 01:02 PM

I called DC and they said to contact another dealer and see if they can fix the problem. If not they said to call back and will go from there. And yeah im not driving the truck, i have another car to drive. I just hope this dealer can figure this out.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:06 PM

Make sure you keep track of all the times the trucks been to the dealer, the work orders, and information given to you. Keep good records-start a document trail, so that you are organized and can shoot down or demonstrate whats occured, been tried etc. This will be a plus when dealing with a new dealer or DC.

Good Luck.
Old 12-22-2007, 02:58 PM

Well my steering finally went out, no power steering at all! I guess i have to wait till wed to get it in that sucks!!
Old 12-22-2007, 07:42 PM

Saftey issue whold be the biggest part of the problem. I would Raise HELL!
I wouldn't be as concerened for my saftey as I would be for that little toyota car that I could possibly plow into and kill the other person driving it. Don't know how the LEMON LAW works for your state but here in Cal. I would advice the dealer after the 3rd time down to the dealer and the problem still not fixed. They would be buying it back. I have a few friend that love the LEMON LAW here in Cal. has worked great for them.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:52 PM

Yeah i lemon lawed a 2004 Ford and it took over 3 months and alot of money to make them buy it back, its really not worth it to me atleast. I might just sell it...
Old 12-22-2007, 09:40 PM
FMB

Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by metalmellinium
I am having some issues with the steering, it will lock up driving down the road. ... I had it happen going 60MPH then happen again pulling into my driveway.
It will only do it for about 2-3 seconds. Im not driving it now i have another car to drive ...
Well its at the dealer and they just called me saying they cant figure it out, ... So they told me to come pick it up with the steering still locking up and driving it till it happens more often.
And yeah im not driving the truck, i have another car to drive.
Well my steering finally went out ...
Ummmm.... can you kindly give us an idea where you drive? State and city/town would be great...

Quick Reply: 2007 Dodge Steering Problems