2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Wiring colour codes for remote starter

Old 11-07-2002, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Wiring colour codes for remote starter

[quote author=Commatoze link=board=5;threadid=6624;start=0#63155 date=1036631276]<br>Ruadh, the &quot;Wait To Start&quot; wire is connected to connector C1, pin 8 of the instrument cluster. It's an 18 ga Orange wire with a Black stripe (ORN/BLK). It connects directly the the ECM connector, pin B37, so you can get to it from under the hood if deisred. Be careful because there's a Black wire with an Orange stripe on the cluster too (GND).<br><br>-Tom-<br>[/quote]<br><br>Well Tom<br>Thankx again.<br>You certainly know your way around the wire, don't you? What do you do to gain all this knowledge?<br>Ruadh<br>
Old 11-07-2002, 08:52 PM

I sleep with the service manuals, Ruadh! ;D Seriously, they are invaluable if you need to find anything. $150 US for the complete set of books, or $90 for the CD's. You can order them from the Chrysler web site.<br><br>-Tom-
Old 11-07-2002, 09:00 PM

Might just have to do that, Tom.<br>If I'm going to do a few things to this truck over the next year or so, it certainly would make life more fun.<br>What do you think of my idea to tie a high speed idle box into the remote starter?<br>Ruadh<br>
Old 11-07-2002, 09:05 PM

[quote author=Ruadh link=board=5;threadid=6624;start=15#63757 date=1036724440]<br>Might just have to do that, Tom.<br>If I'm going to do a few things to this truck over the next year or so, it certainly would make life more fun.<br>What do you think of my idea to tie a high speed idle box into the remote starter?<br>Ruadh<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>Sounds interesting and would be curious as to how you think you'd do it. I've heard that you can tie 2 terminals of the ECM together to raise the idle. It's normally used in conjunction with the PTO in the HD Transfer case. DOn't know the detail though. Also, you can have the dealer re-flash your EEPROM with a high idle mod.<br><br>-Tom-
Old 11-07-2002, 09:21 PM

Ya They'll re-flash it all right. For a weeks wages.<br>As to the high sped thing. There is a mechanic at the local diesel joint who has made and markets his own high speed box. Costs $350 or so CDN. What I plan on doing is to use a delay relay tied into the 'wait to start light'. The relay takes a momentary power signal to close the circuit and has a 3 minute delay. I'll connect the relay to the high speed box. After the 3 minute delay, the switch will close and activate the high speed. Simple, yes, no?<br>I'm also using a double throw switch so I can turn on the high speed when I'm out of the truck tieing down the load.<br>Ruadh
Old 11-10-2002, 10:00 PM

Ruadh, I was thinking kind of the same thing as you for the high idle but haven't decided on what high idle method to go, either the pto wire or the high idle boxes. I'm also from the Edmonton area so could you post the name of this diesel joint that sells these high idle boxes, because I'd like to check it out. I asked the dealer about it a month ago and they said there is one that hooks into the cruise control, but $500 is too much, yours sounds better and I don't mind extra switches on the dash ;D