2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Truck pics & dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck pics & dyno results

Took some pics of the new to me truck & ran it on the dyno tonight.Very pleased with the results seeing its bone STOCK.Not bad for a 2001 Cummins HO 6sp.

Made 239 rwhp & 493 rfpt.Next is some gauges,exhaust & a Edge EZ box.If thats not enough I will through some injectors at it.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:13 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice truck!
Old 09-14-2004, 08:13 PM

Dyno runs.Made three passes.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:15 PM

Another truck pic.BTW its got 150,000 on it.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:16 PM
DPG

EricK: Welcome to the site! Nice looking truck! It looks to be in great condition. Enjoy all that Cummins muscle. I see that you live just across the pond from me. If you ever get over this way, give me a shout.

DeWain
Old 09-14-2004, 08:34 PM

Dont have regrets, just get the EDGE Comp!

Have fun!
Old 09-14-2004, 08:51 PM

Hello
Nice looking truck
Be warned once you add the Edge Ez you maybe needing a new clutch.
I agree with your plans for more power, I have learned that our (trucks the HOs) make more power by changing injectors. The Edge EZ is more of a timing box as well as a fueling box.
If you are interstested in my trucks HP/Torq numbers I can post them and show you what worked for me. I put her up on the rollors after each mod.
I did not see much of a power gain from putting a TST pm3 on my truck $$$ for only roughly 40 HP, they may work great on SO but I would not buy one for a HO engine.
Beware of the B.O.M.B.ing bug
See Ya
Chris
Old 09-14-2004, 09:02 PM

Originally posted by PapaSmurf
If you are interstested in my trucks HP/Torq numbers I can post them and show you what worked for me. I put her up on the rollors after each mod.
Chris
If you could post it that would be great.Forgot about the clutch.Any recommendations for a moderate power increase that wont break my leg?
Old 09-14-2004, 09:03 PM

Welcome EricK,
That truck looks in great shape for having 150k on the clock.
Are you sure the truck is stock? I believe the H.O. engine is rated at 245 HP/ 505 Ft. Lbs at the fly wheel. If you got those numbers from on a dyno, you might want to check again to see if something hasn't already been added. Good luck with the rest of your bombing plans

~Rob
Old 09-14-2004, 09:15 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the site Erick,
I've got kinfolk up around Tomah and the Janesville areas,,,,,,,,, but it stays TOO COLD for me!
PapaSmurf has done some really great mods and kept good records of the results. He can definitely tell ya what has worked on his HO and what hasn't.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:27 PM

Originally posted by hotdram
Welcome EricK,
That truck looks in great shape for having 150k on the clock.
Are you sure the truck is stock? I believe the H.O. engine is rated at 245 HP/ 505 Ft. Lbs at the fly wheel. If you got those numbers from on a dyno, you might want to check again to see if something hasn't already been added. Good luck with the rest of your bombing plans

~Rob
His hp an tq where way lower than that. How could he have performance mods an have lower numbers than stock???
Old 09-14-2004, 09:47 PM

Originally posted by Texas Pride
His hp an tq where way lower than that. How could he have performance mods an have lower numbers than stock???
His rear wheel HP is only 6 HP less than stock and his rear wheel torque is only 12 lb-ft less than stock. I wouldn't call those way lower.
My point is, most hp/torque specs. from a manufacturer are referenced from the fly wheel. When a vehicle is put on the rollers, the hp/torque numbers are referenced at the rear wheels. It is expected that when a stock vehicle is run on the rollers, its hp/torque numbers will be lower than what the manufacturer claims (at the flywheel) because of transmission and rear end losses. If the specs. from Cummins are referenced at the rear wheels, then his truck is stock.
Old 09-15-2004, 01:33 AM
CJ

Erick, if you had a leveling kit in that truck I would have sworn you stole mine , great looking truck(yes I am bias) welcome to the site
CJ
Old 09-16-2004, 09:19 PM

Erick
I tryed to post my numbers last night, but for some reason the computer kept calling me a vistor and would not let me post. I got tired of it and went to bed.
I have the dyno sheets in the truck, which is out under the barn with the front rotors off. I have 85,??? and figured it was time for new front brakes( about 1/16 pad left)
It took me roughly 4 years to get my truck to where is is today.
Dennis
If you are reading this please post a picture of my truck up on the dyno.
Like this one?

The wind was blowing the wrong way!

I also have some time slips from a few 1/4 mile runs that you maybe interested in.
Sorry for the delay.
See Ya
Chris
Old 09-17-2004, 06:05 PM

150K? Now that she's broken in, go for some mods!

Quick Reply: Truck pics & dyno results