2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Putting Kore HP Leveling Kit on 02' RAM 2500 CTD

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Putting Kore HP Leveling Kit on 02' RAM 2500 CTD

Hi,

I know this information has probably been posted on these forums a million times, but I was hoping to get some information from you guys that have already used the Kore leveling kit.

I am looking to install the Kore HP leveling kit on an 02' RAM 2500 CTD w/ LWB. I don't do a lot of rough off-road driving at all. I am mainly looking for something to level the front end of the truck back up to improve appearance & also to improve ride & for fun.

I would just like to know if this is a good kit to use for the money if you're mainly going to be doing road driving & if necessecary can take it off-road?

I'm pretty good at following & instructions & doing minor work on the truck, but I was wondering how hard it is to install?

I've seen some information about changing the height of the front end also changes the angle of the axle. Is this something to be concerned about & should I be installing anything else in addition to correct it?

Also, I don't understand about the prices? I've seen posts on here about people spending $700-$800 on the Kore leveling kits. When I look on their website it shows the Kore HP Leveling Kit for 98-2008 Diesel for $385. Am I missing something here or have the prices come down?

Thanks for any suggestion that anyone can give or things to watch out for if I go with this.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 03-12-2009, 10:45 PM

I have the Kore kit and love it. It helped out the ride and is easy to install. The drop blocks that come with the kits to keep the sway bar in the correct alignment will not work if you have a DSS steering stabilizer. Great kit for the price.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:23 AM

I have read good things about Carli Suspension, 2.75 inch of lift with 10inches of spring travel. The starter Kit will be the one I instal I think, new springs all around with shocks. I believe they will sell it just to do the front end as well. also Lorenz (or something like that) apparently has a good suspension kit as well
Old 03-13-2009, 12:44 AM

I just ordered a set of 2.5" daystar spring spacers ($95) and some nitrogen charged rough country shocks ($35/ ea) for my 2wd and it was WAY less than $700 - $800... unless you need the extra travel I wouldn't go with a "high-performance" leveling kit... I liked the spring spacer option because I get the extra "lift" I wanted at a fraction of the price and don't change any of the factory pre-sets on the truck... IE... alignments on my truck don't require anything strange... they just set it to factory specs and I'm all set. I am installing my kit this weekend... I'll let you know how it goes.

Johnny
Old 03-13-2009, 12:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
for 385$ seems very inexpensive for what you are getting. I only put 2 inch spacers from pro comp on the front and they were about 140$. it took me about 3 hours to do the job, take off the sway bar, undo the shocks and shock towers, drop the axel down, take springs out, put in the spacers and then the springs back in (had to use a spring compressor) the drop the shocks in, towers back on etc etc. while you're at it you might want to consider putting on a good set of control arms if you still have the U shaped sheet metal stock ones, I used Ranchos heavy tube and they kick a$$.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Desert Diesel 2
I have the Kore kit and love it. It helped out the ride and is easy to install. The drop blocks that come with the kits to keep the sway bar in the correct alignment will not work if you have a DSS steering stabilizer. Great kit for the price.
Thanks for the information. I appreciate it. Glad to know that it's a good kit. Is there anything to be concerned about as far as the position of the axle once the front end is lifted up the 2". I guess I am just wondering if it is ok to install the Kore HP Leveling kit as it is for now. My truck is just stock currently. I haven't added anything.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:39 PM

Hi,

I was just wondering about one other thing. Do you know if KORE has distributors for their products? Did you purchase your kit direct through KORE?

I guess I was trying to find out if they had a distributor closer to me in Alabama to avoid the $100 shipping charges from CA. Thanks for the help.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 03-14-2009, 07:47 PM

the cheap level kit includes 2 springs and 2 shocks, the more expensive one has front springs, rear mini pack, 4 shocks, and the sway bar drop brackets.

I went with the carli suspension cause it uses sway bar end links so my dss is fine. and it greatly inproves on road driving comfort.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by kennyblatz
the cheap level kit includes 2 springs and 2 shocks, the more expensive one has front springs, rear mini pack, 4 shocks, and the sway bar drop brackets.

I went with the carli suspension cause it uses sway bar end links so my dss is fine. and it greatly inproves on road driving comfort.

I want to go with the starter system as well...is it as good as I've read?
Old 03-15-2009, 09:43 PM

i have not once regret spending the money. big difference in the ride. if/when i get another ctd this will be the first mod forsure.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:07 PM

thanks, just another push to get me moving on this, I use my truck everyday and after 8-10hrs of beating over city roads, I'm tired of feeling like I'm in a buckboard. I cant fix the pot holes, so hopefully I can smooth them out abit. my only worry is the 2.75 height increase might keep me from fitting in my garage LOL
Old 03-15-2009, 10:29 PM

Suspension

Carli Suspension the only way to go!Their the Best! All the rest are second Best!
Old 03-16-2009, 12:32 AM

I made the decision tonight to go with the basic KORE leveling kit for now. I ordered it through KORE. I think it will be the best thing for what I will be using it for. I did look very carefully at the Carli HD leveling kit & it is very nice, but it was another $450.

If anybody is in the market for the Carli leveling kit or the Carli starter system there is a place that has a good deal right now & they have free shipping.

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...-1-c-1162.html