2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Exhaust Quick Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust Quick Question

Hey there, I am the proud owner of a 1994 Dodge 3/4 ton CTD. I was wondering what is the best exhaust for it, I am not looking to do alot of modding to it, but I am thinking a 4" Stainless Steel with Mandrel Bent Tubing, I dont care much for noise, but I live in Ontario so I will have to have the catelytic converter put back on. Any Suggestions for which company to buy this from?
Old 06-28-2004, 08:29 PM

Well that sounds like a good choice, but if your're not into noise, then why do you own a CTD??? JK, the SS system would be a wise choice because of salt issues WAY up there.

Almost any company that carries SS systems should be a good choice. Banks, Wildcat Diesel, and a few others have put many-a-smile on proud CTD owners. Just do some searching and make your choice from there. Good luck.

P.S. The "cat" in our trucks is actually a resonator, some difference btwn the two. Also, please fill in your signature so we can help you in the future.
Old 06-28-2004, 08:48 PM

On that 94 the cat is a real convertor. Might suggest to take it off and gut it out as they clog and get very restrictive with age. Roto rout it out or cut and gut and reweld on top where the weld cannot be seen,it will not affect the test if gutted, they should of not ever installed them on the few years that they did. Goodluck,,Rick
Old 06-28-2004, 10:09 PM

Heres my new Signature guys.....
How do them mods sound?
As for what Im going for, I want my truck to be protected (hense the homemade bumpers) and also as far as the engine I want it to run easy, and to run nice and cool and basically be babied. Is there any other mods that will help me with this?

Thanks for the help.
Old 06-29-2004, 10:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kid

Welcome to DTR! What tranny do you have?

There are lots on mild hp mods (Edge EZ, small injectors) that will allow you to stay "nice and cool" and in no way harm or shorten the life of your baby. They may increase your mileage and definately will increase your driving enjoyment.
On the exhaust, and anything else, talk to Rod at Wildcat - he is in your area (only 2 provinces west), does not talk down to anybody and will steer you right with good product info!
http://www.wildcatdiesel.com/

Rowland
Old 06-29-2004, 11:37 AM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Glad to see another Ontario boy!

Check the date of manufacture on your truck. CTD's sold in Canada that were made before Jan. 1/94 are not factory equipped with a cat. My 94 was made in Dec. 93 and is registered as a non catalyst (even the drive clean inspectors agree with this!). MBRP is located in Huntsville, On and is one of the best CTD exhaust makers around. They can do an exhaust in any flavour you can think of and quality is top notch. Keep on bombing and your smile will only get bigger!
Keep us up to date on your work.