2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Brake lights stuck on

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake lights stuck on

I tried to search this but came up with a partial answer. I have had the infamous ABS/Brake light idicators come on and off intermitently over the past few days. I realize it is probably the sensor in the rear. My more troubling problem is that tonight after getting home my brake lights stayed on after I turned off and left the truck. Also I noticed that the passenger side turn signal would not flash it would just come on solid. Drivers side works fine though. Do you guys think this is a ground problem or something else?
Thanks
Old 01-25-2005, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After messing with it today it seems obvious that the previous owner did a hack job on adding a trailer brake controller and just wrapped some of his connections with electrical tape while others were exposed. I pulled the trailer fuse out of the relay box and everything is working normally. I guess I'll be doing some rewiring this weeekend.