2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Best seat covers for a '98

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 01:55 AM

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Best seat covers for a '98

I want to buy some seat covers- I really hate the horse trailer toting cowboy type cloth stuff- I would like something like a wet suit type or something- something I can take out and hose off- I have a great dane that sheds short hairs now and then. It is a quad cab and I would really like something that matches front and back, and fit's well, with the fold down console middle seat and all.
Old 05-21-2004, 08:13 AM

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts
I have the Wet Okole seat covers. They are excellent. Made of neoprene (wet suit material), are waterproof, though if you spill something in your lap it doesn't soak into the seat, so your pants get to soak it all up, but once wiped up it is dry. I have had them about 3 years and 100k now and I think well worth the money. They are not showing any signs of wear. They fit great. They have quite a selection of colors and prints. I used the charcoal grey to match my interior. www.wetokole.com
Old 05-21-2004, 09:23 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Barry, I've looked into the Wet Okole and have wondered how they breath.
You don't stick to them like vinyl right?
Old 05-21-2004, 10:03 AM

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts
Bill:
No, you don't stick to them like vinyl. They don't make you sweat as much as vinyl either but they are waterproof so you do sweat a bit more than cloth (well not sweat more than but it doesn't disapate as quickly as cloth, cloth just soaks it up into the seat ). I have not found it to be a problem and summers can be hot here and I take frequent trips to the utah desert where it is definitely hot. In the winter time they are not cold like vinyl they warm right up.
Old 05-21-2004, 12:25 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Something with legs up to about, OOPS, wrong forum.

I just use full size towels cut in half to lay on the seat. When they get dirty, I wash them. If they get too yucky, I cut them into strips and use them for rags.
Howz that for recycling?
Old 05-21-2004, 12:34 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Originally posted by Dieseldude4x4
I just use full size towels cut in half to lay on the seat. When they get dirty, I wash them. If they get too yucky, I cut them into strips and use them for rags.
Howz that for recycling?
I hear he's also perfected a method to turn Pistons into paperweights and pencil holders.
Old 05-21-2004, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Shovelhead
I hear he's also perfected a method to turn Pistons into paperweights and pencil holders.
Hey, don't let all my secrets out.
Old 05-21-2004, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Shovel, you ought to see the nifty Fosters Lager can holders he makes out of the CTD rods. Ya get nary a drop of condensation on your hands from those frosty beverage cans....
Old 05-21-2004, 02:48 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the Mopar seat covers. They are a canvas material, tough as nails and have the Ram logo on the headrest.

Perfect fit, tough and washable. They have all the cut-outs for the seat controls, lumbar etc unlike aftermarket stuff. Also they don't "filter" out the dirt like the woven ones do. I found the woven ones just let the fine sand through that ruins your seats. IMHO...

Go MOPAR!!!

J-eh
Old 05-22-2004, 02:41 AM

Originally posted by Lil Dog
I have the Mopar seat covers. They are a canvas material, tough as nails and have the Ram logo on the headrest.

Perfect fit, tough and washable. They have all the cut-outs for the seat controls, lumbar etc unlike aftermarket stuff. Also they don't "filter" out the dirt like the woven ones do. I found the woven ones just let the fine sand through that ruins your seats. IMHO...

Go MOPAR!!!

J-eh

Oh cool- I will have to go down to the dealer and see how much they cost!
Old 05-22-2004, 09:47 AM

I have the Mopar covers also. Awesome fit and wear. Had mine on for about 2 years now and no problems at all. They get dirty, yank them off and wash them, they fit perfect when you put them back on.
They are a little pricey when you get the back seat cover at the same time, but more than worth the money.
Old 05-22-2004, 10:17 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The Mopar covers show up quite often on ebay. A set for the front in excellent condition sold there just yesterday for $55.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ADME:B:BN:MT:1
Old 05-22-2004, 02:24 PM

Ya, you know, I am truly stupid on this one, I didn't even think about e-bay! I am bidding on a set now!
Old 05-23-2004, 02:22 AM

Bought these and the back seats they offered= right at 190.00 with shipping (to alaska) in gray (my interior color)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT

Hello E-bay!
Old 05-23-2004, 06:29 AM

I also have a 98 quad and I have put my two great danes in the back. I took out the tray and fold the seat up for them, but when they stand, they still look over my shoulders when I am driving. That is my only complaint about a fifth wheel. I used to put them under my camper shell in the bed.

Might pick up a set of those covers myself.

James

Quick Reply: Best seat covers for a '98