2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

AC/Heater Control Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AC/Heater Control Problem

Now that the weather has cooled off, we started using the heater in the morning and then later in the day switching back over to A/C. When we switch to heat and move the **** over to warm, no problem get nice warm air. The problem is later when we switch back to A/C and move the **** to cold we still get heat for a while. I checked the compressor it is engaged and pumping. Maybe 10-20 minutes go by it will finally switch to cold. Sometimes it won't switch over until I make a stop. <br><br>Could it be the vacuum to the ****. I've read here the vacuum pump is down around the power steering pump. I check the hoses and all looks intact. Any ideas on what else to check? Couple more weeks and won't need the A/C at all until spring but it bugs me this isn't workin' right.<br><br>Thanks,<br><br> Jim
Old 10-09-2002, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:AC/Heater Control Problem

I'm kind of having a similar problem with my '02. When I go from A/C to heat or just plain vent, the compressor keeps cycling. I've been fixing it by rorating the **** to full defrost, then back to vent or floor heat. I can hear the diverter flap snap shut. That seems to cure it. I haven't figured it out yet, but if it keeps up, it's back to the dealer for warranty repair. 'Course this doesn't solve your problem. :