2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

ac evaporator and heater core parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ac evaporator and heater core parts list

Going to do the big job of replacing both of these. I'm headed to the parts store and want to purchase everything I need in one shot. So, I am getting a heater core, evaporator, ..........what else do I need for the job?

I read a little about some sort of filter and tools to get the ac lines apart. Springy hose clamps for the heater hoses and gaskets?????
Old 06-03-2009, 03:35 AM

You definitely need a new Receiver/drier, O-ring kit, and I would also get a new orifice tube. You will most likely need heater hoses if they have not been pulled off in awhile. Is this your first one or second? If it is your first, then congrats. My 01 needed it's first evap core 2 years ago. It rotted out.

You will also most likely want to replace all the foam inside the hvac box and on the ducts. this stuff rots out and turns to dust.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:47 AM

good luck take some pics of your progress as you go if you can. this is the route I will take some day. bless your soul this job is a pain in the butt. if not to late www.rockauto.com has good prices I dont know if DTR members get a discount or not. also look around in my town due to economy alot of shops are offering killer deals on parts and labor. almost worth letting someone else do it and have a warranty on the work. but I know that if you can do it your self than why not. just saying. at times I can be really lazy and would rather pay. good luck
Old 06-04-2009, 12:47 PM

rockauto.com has 5% coupons floating around - search on google.

I prefer http://www.action-ac.com/ their parts seem to be better. They have the orifice lines there for under $30. Just a tip, if you do use Rockauto, all of their receiver/driers are the same. The A/C Delco receiver/drier is the same chinese parts as Four Seasons/Proliance etc. So, if you are looking to get the best parts they charge more for just the name.

I returned all that stuff and got my receiver/drier from the a/c Action place, looks to be better quality. They also have the o-ring kit - but you will have to call for the part #.