24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Where To Purchase Fuel Filter Lid?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dinner
Thanks for the link..I've been looking around trying to find places that carry that,lol and had no luck.

Would it be easy/good to buy that kit, and then a walbro pump of some sort. Or is there a kit that has everything I need...bypass and pump? Does that Filter bolt in the stock spot?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just a noob when it comes to fuel system delivery.

Thanks though so far!!
sniff around that site a bit, it has the full system minus the remote filter. i dont have alot of experience with that system myself but im sure someone will chime in. im just thinking outside the box about the problem. but i do know there are systems that will eleminate the factory filter...

brett
Old 01-02-2008, 07:16 PM

I've been doing some more reading and looking thanks to you two guys

I'm kinda liking the price of the "Vulcan Pusher Pump System".

I'm thinking that right now, being as my Lift Pump is fairly new that I will keep using it for now and relocate it with this kit^^.

Now for the filter aspect of it, Dr.Evil you were saying I can go with a Racor Style Filter. Are you talking about the plastic cup that sits on the bottom (some models allow you to plug in fuel heater and water/ fuel sensor)?

EDIT: Get something like this as well?

http://www.vulcanperformance.com/ser...-Filter/Detail
Old 01-02-2008, 07:18 PM

Now for the filter aspect of it, Dr.Evil you were saying I can go with a Racor Style Filter. Are you talking about the plastic cup that sits on the bottom (some models allow you to plug in fuel heater and water/ fuel sensor)?
Yes...I will try to find a p/n for you. I havent done it myself but am thinking about installing one on my 12V - changing filters on the 12V is painful.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:21 PM

I'm thinking I am going to go with those two kits. The one Relocation kit from Vulcan, as well as the different filter set up from Vulcan as well. This way for now I can still use my stock lift pump and then upgrade down the road. Then just get a new Banjo Bolt that I can tape my FP gauge into off the IP.

For the filters, I work at Traction/Truck Pro..which is a brother to Napa. Just that we work on big trucks instead. So I'm thinking that I could find some sort of Donaldson filter that would work could I not?
Old 01-02-2008, 07:23 PM

For the filters, I work at Traction/Truck Pro..which is a brother to Napa. Just that we work on big trucks instead. So I'm thinking that I could find some sort of Donaldson filter that would work could I not?
Im sure you could.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:27 PM

Is there anything else I need other than those two kits. Or will they give me everything to change my fuel system over?

Thanks!!
Old 01-02-2008, 07:33 PM

Which kits? The big line kit and what else? (I havent been to the site for awhile)...You will have to do a little research here to get the right parts and to figure out which filter(s) you will want to use.

Im sure when you call them - they will be able to get you anything fuel related that you will need. (keep in mind you are going to lose lose the fuel heater).

BTW, you can buy filter heads at Cummins for around $35.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
Which kits? The big line kit and what else? (I havent been to the site for awhile)...You will have to do a little research here to get the right parts and to figure out which filter(s) you will want to use.

Im sure when you call them - they will be able to get you anything fuel related that you will need. (keep in mind you are going to lose lose the fuel heater).

BTW, you can buy filter heads at Cummins for around $35.
Well I was thinking of getting the Lift Pump relocation kit for $114. And I looked around some and found this Filter Kit for $99.

http://www.vulcanperformance.com/ser...-Filter/Detail

Would it be beneficial to go with these two kits? Or should I get just the Relocation kit, and then a Filter Head from Cummins?
Old 01-02-2008, 07:52 PM

Its up to you. You could also use the Racor.

Its up to you really...u just saved yourself $1400.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
Its up to you. You could also use the Racor.

Its up to you really...u just saved yourself $1400.
True,lol.

I will do a bit more researching/looking around now that I know what to look for.

Would like to thank you and rusty for all your help!

Dinner
Old 01-02-2008, 11:20 PM

True,lol.

I will do a bit more researching/looking around now that I know what to look for.

Would like to thank you and rusty for all your help!

Dinner
I re-copied my post from THIS THREAD. Ditch the stock filter can. Both early and late 24v styles are prone to leaking.

Originally Posted by Philabuster
I traded my friend some stuff for the Racor and filters, which he originally bought new off eBay. I made my set-up from a Vulcan big line FP relocate kit, little extra fuel line and a their FP regulator. I have a cleanable 140 micron screen before the Walbro and a Draw Straw also from Vulcan. The Walbro 392 was purchased from eBay.

I have about 200 miles racked up on my Walbro and the 2 micron Racor set-up. Everything seems to run great. Idle FP is 14psi, cruise is 13psi, and full power is 11psi. Again, I relocated the regulator before the fuel filter and not at the VP44 inlet as originally intended.

This gauge monitors FP before filter, while the in-cab Dipricol monitors FP at the VP44 inlet. I plan to replace this gauge with a bottom mount style connected with a 45* elbow (to clear the oil dipstick) so I can check FP without crawling on top of the engine.

I ran out of fittings so I used 3/8" line from the FF to the IP.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:22 AM

Thats awesome...do you happen to have a p/n for the filter head and filter?
Old 01-03-2008, 09:31 AM

Racor 490R http://www.go2marine.com/product.do?no=83545F
Old 01-03-2008, 09:58 AM

Thanks Philabuster

I'm thinking I might be able to get some sort of filter head(s) at work for fairly cheap that I could use for that part anyway. Then I could just go ahead and order the Relocation kit for the LP.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:20 PM

I have seen a few on Ebay. Usually in the $20-$40 range for the entire unit. Also recommend the Genos lid... I have actually been looking for the aluminum furl filter assembly to replace my plastic one. I figured I could polish the aluminum and it might look good under the hood.

Quick Reply: Where To Purchase Fuel Filter Lid?