24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Tranny options

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tranny options

My trans started to slip not to long ago and i thought i was in for the worsed after putting no more then 25 hp to the wheels if that. So i threw some of the lucus oil tranny fix in its been good to me before i thought why not it helped alot holds alittle better but sometimes when i accelerate from lets say 35 to 50 it will slip for a couple seconds then finally grab and take off but it was better then before. So i was talking to a friend whos been in the mechanic world for hes whole life and i would trust him with anything. He tells me spray some gumm cutter in the dip stick after looking at him with amazment i thought to my self this is insane hes said no no spray a good blast of like 10 sec i said to my self wth he knows what hes doing he told me well gum cutter cleans stuff like a valve body of gunk and other deposits and its not gonna ruin any seals its not concentrated enough so i did it and i can tell the difference it hold and shifts like it should. now i want to put in a complete valve body or a trans go kit i need a better shift i dont like the factory comfort i want snap your neck off shifts so thats my question to you guys what do you think valve body new fluid and filter or trans go new fluid and filter.

sorry for the long post
Old 05-14-2009, 09:59 PM

Shift kits are good if the trans is in good condition.
But usually when added to a weak tranny, it finishes them off rather quickly.
You can roll the dice, but you should put that money towards getting your trans fixed.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:08 PM

yeah your right im a fan of spend the money now so you dont have to spend more later saying
Old 05-15-2009, 10:06 AM

Sounds like your beyond the bandaid stage. Save your money and get it done right.