24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

PLease help me!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And the fact that when i removed it the rod and sprin are not attached to it
Old 08-07-2011, 10:39 PM

well it seems as though you found your problem. did you take it off and wire the lever in the up position and try and start the truck?
Old 08-07-2011, 10:42 PM

Yes i did and no matter whick position it is in it still will not start
Old 08-08-2011, 05:58 PM

Exclamation

Im starting to think my lift pump has gone bad... i can start it after priming it and it runs for 5-10 seconds then dies... I just replaced the lift pump late march.. could it have already gone bad???
Old 08-08-2011, 07:54 PM

Air up your fuel tank with no more than 6psi, while you have the first four injector lines loose. Keep the air to the tank till you get flow out of the loosened lines. When you get fuel up at the injectors. Tighten em up, and fire it up. It will run rough, don't let it die. If you don't have lift pump problems and or fuel shut off, your truck will start.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:33 PM

OK so after taking my baby to the shop this morning, i found out all my injectors were ruined when i recieved the bad advice on cleaning my injectors while they were out... DO NOT CLEAN INJECTORS WITH CARB AND CHOKE CLEANER NO MATTER WHAT THE AUTO STORE "EXPERTS" SAY!!! That ended up messing up the injectors.. I am now going after the store for the price of the injectors... the truck is now running smoothly although seeming to have less power than before but its better than not running at all... Thank you to everyone who provided advice!!
Old 08-09-2011, 07:50 PM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Major Bummer on the injectors. Glad it's running.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:36 AM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by Tooth72
OK so after taking my baby to the shop this morning, i found out all my injectors were ruined when i recieved the bad advice on cleaning my injectors while they were out... DO NOT CLEAN INJECTORS WITH CARB AND CHOKE CLEANER NO MATTER WHAT THE AUTO STORE "EXPERTS" SAY!!! That ended up messing up the injectors.. I am now going after the store for the price of the injectors... the truck is now running smoothly although seeming to have less power than before but its better than not running at all... Thank you to everyone who provided advice!!
Can you clarify what the carb and choke cleaner did to the Injectors?
Old 08-10-2011, 08:37 AM

What??????? This don't make sense. Injectors cannot be ruined by Carb Cleaner. Who told you the injectors were ruined? Take them to a reputable place and have them cleaned and tested.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by kandgo
What??????? This don't make sense. Injectors cannot be ruined by Carb Cleaner. Who told you the injectors were ruined? Take them to a reputable place and have them cleaned and tested.
x2- that doesn't make sense. I'd get another opinion on that, but I also do agree- don't ask parts counter employees advice.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:28 PM

The mechanic i took it to is one of the best mechanics around here.. he works on diesels all the time.. and the fact that after i put the new injectors in, it fired right up with no problem... Ive been told by many mechanics over the past few days is that you dont want to spray an injector with anything but diesel.. thanks to city diesel for having them in stock and for a decent price of $60 a piece.. only problem is i think i had upgraded injectors in the first place now i have stock.. lost power and speed but no more black smoke as well
Old 08-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
The mechanic i took it to is one of the best mechanics around here.. he works on diesels all the time.. and the fact that after i put the new injectors in, it fired right up with no problem... Ive been told by many mechanics over the past few days is that you dont want to spray an injector with anything but diesel.. thanks to city diesel for having them in stock and for a decent price of $60 a piece.. only problem is i think i had upgraded injectors in the first place now i have stock.. lost power and speed but no more black smoke as well

Ok, send in your Injectors and have them cleaned and pop tested.

I would almost bet somehow when you sprayed them down, you got garbage down the bore.

That is the only plausible explanation I can give.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by patdaly
Ok, send in your Injectors and have them cleaned and pop tested.

I would almost bet somehow when you sprayed them down, you got garbage down the bore.

That is the only plausible explanation I can give.
make no sence I have used carb/brakeclean befor and never had an issue?
who put the new injecters in? did the shop get it running?
Old 08-10-2011, 06:18 PM

I put the new injectors in myself.. i am a mechanic myself but new to working on diesels on anything more than pm work
Old 08-10-2011, 07:48 PM

Did you keep the "Bad Injectors Sprayed with Carb Cleaner"?? You state they were upgraded ones? I hope you did not trade em in as cores, if you did, then go get em back. You cannot hurt Injectors with Carb Cleaner other than forcing blockage of some sorts down in them. I hope the place did not do you wrong on them, and noticed they were more expensive Injectors and sold you factory ones. Might do some checking and get em back if they are better than stocks.

Quick Reply: PLease help me!!