24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Heads or tails fuel pressure

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heads or tails fuel pressure

I hope some of you guys can answer this question.I just bought this truck two weeks ago only to find out the fuel pressure gauge stuck at a half of a tank last thursday and I ran out of fuel on the interstate. So needless to say I dropped the tank and put a sending unit it. I also decided to take the screener off of the bottom of the sending unit module and put a Fleetguard FF5079 Fuel filter in line outside the tank. Last night I installed a fuel pressure gauge and boost gauge, because of the LP horror stories.Now that that is all out of the way here is the question. At idle it seems like I am running about 5 pounds fuel pressure, at 65 miles an hour I am running about 10 pounds of pressure until I coast out of the throttle a bit and then it goes up to about 15. Back in the throttle at 70 and it hangs at 10 pounds.Every one tells me the pressure drops at speed not at idle, which makes sense because you are using more fuel at speed so it would make sense that the pressure would drop. So is this right or wrong what gives. HELP