24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Headlight Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headlight Question

My wife bought me a set of the angel eye headlights for Christmas. Before I install them I ordered the heavy duty headlight wiring harness from LMC Truck to draw power from the battery and not burn out the switch. My question is has anyone every installed this wiring harnes? I did a test fit where I followed the battery cable across the radiator but it seemed to be too short. I was thinking of following the wiring harness under the radiator but not sure if it will be long enough either. Just looking to hear if anyone has had any experience with this wiring harness.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:12 AM

All the install kits I've seen look like the back side of fido when installed. In other words, they fit poorly. JMHO
Old 01-18-2009, 11:38 AM

look at the pics in my profile. i also ordered the lmc harness - but i lengthened it before installing. i don't remember the lengths i added, but in the pics you see where i added it and make a judgment call on the added length. . . .

hth,
jason
Old 01-18-2009, 10:10 PM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

heard, actually read, about lot of problems with pre-made harnesses on this site. I decided to just make my own after reading Jim Lane's thread on it. I also found this site on here www.danielsternlighting.com. Lots of good info. Sounds like you will have to extend the one you have or return it and make your own. Either way if you search headlamp, or headlight, or harness you will get plenty of good info to help with your final decision. Good luck, let me know if you have any questions. I converted from factory to a sport headlamp package with the daniel sterns system.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

hi
dont panic !
i got one i thought was too short also .
i slid the covering back and removed some of the fact tie wraps pulled on the wires a little and the wires were just right length after it was installed .
i started on the pas side where it was easier to locate the relays , less clutter , and finished on driverside.
went over radeator and tiewraped it to battery cable going between two batteries !
did not cut or mod harness any but did add a 10 gauge ground wire app12" long from pas side bat neg terminal to harness terminal for the ground that side .
the results were amazing !