24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

delivery valves

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 06:52 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb delivery valves

Im looking @ getting my delivery valves cut (very soon) what will that do? 2002 ctd 3/4 ton auto,4x4 ----stock! for real!
Old 05-13-2004, 06:56 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: delivery valves

Originally posted by dieselminded
Im looking @ getting my delivery valves cut (very soon) what will that do? 2002 ctd 3/4 ton auto,4x4 ----stock! for real!

Pretty sure the VP44 injection pump in the 24 valve engines doesn't use delivery valves.

That is a 12 valve option only.

phox
Old 05-13-2004, 07:05 PM
Banned

THanks just checking. and how do you have an remote start....what about the glow plugs???? utah?????
Old 05-13-2004, 07:19 PM

VP44's use a different system of Delivery Valves, and currently, they aren't Cutable.

There are no Glow P;ugs on the Cummins Motor, only "intake Heaters". The Remote Start problem is easily solved by putting a timer, or interupt switch in line for the "wait to start" light, so that you hit the Start button, the starter module turns on the ignition, then after it no longer is receiving signal from the Wait to start, it turns on the starter untill a tach signal is recieved.

Best thing to do on a 24V is put a chip on it, and bigger injectors, then a turbo.

Merrick
Old 05-13-2004, 09:13 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by dieselminded
and how do you have an remote startutah?????
My alarm has a built in remote start.
It ties in with the "wait to start" light.
I push a button on my remote, and as soon as the light goes out, the truck starts.

If someone gets in before I disarm, as soon as they push the brake, it kills the engine.
I must disarm, put the key in the ignition, turn to run, then push the brake.

If winter, when I park it for the night, I turn the defroster on high,
so my windows are nice and clean when I get out to it.
If summer, I turn on the AC before parking, then it's nice and cool when I get out to it.

Utah? whats the question?

phox
Old 05-13-2004, 09:29 PM
Banned

I thought it might not have got cold enough in utah for the "intake Heaters" to need to be used. In ohio during the summer my wait to start light does not come on. To get the remote starter by its self they are fairly cheap I figgerd the install would be simple on a gas motor. but the wait to start light was indeed a question for me. I might as well have it installed by a dealer...I got in to relays before (on a UNGO car alarm ).....what a nightmare when you get in to it...... you have a ground kicking the relay over here and a power signal kicking the relay over their..... aahhhhhh what a mess I had. I ran the batterys dead in my mutimeter than I just said forget it. and half installed it only useing my door pins and my shock sensor and forget all the other features it cost more than the alarm did to get it installed so I tackeled it my self what a mistake. also whats the diffrence between glow plugs and intake heaters ?????I thought glow plugs were intake heaters
Old 05-13-2004, 09:35 PM
Administrator

Ya, it gets pretty cold in Utah.
Below freezing regularly in the winter, often below 0.
This is northern utah, Salt Lake City area, home of the 2002 Winter Olympic Games
Southern Utah rarely gets that cold.

As I understand it, glow plugs are in the cylinders to give the fuel a little boost in combustion.

Intake grid heaters are like toaster grids in the air intake, they heat the air to aid in cold starts.

Have heard of many glow plug problems, but hardly any grid heater malfunctions.

phox
Old 05-13-2004, 09:57 PM
Banned

Sound good phox I feel for not knowing what I have ! Ill learn if I stay on the posts....I even got a geograhical lesson It only gets cold in northern utah. Now teach me to be a better speller and I'll have it made or suggest a spell checker on the threads later