24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Blue Chip Question Redeux

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Rick, I think you might be a bit oversensitive. I certainly read he was upset, but I didn't sense any accusations whatsoever that BC was not going to make it right.

You probably want to stay away from the DTT Trans threads......
Old 08-21-2012, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pin seven (7), red wire at IP Bosch Computer not energized

Originally Posted by patdaly
Rick, I think you might be a bit oversensitive. I certainly read he was upset, but I didn't sense any accusations whatsoever that BC was not going to make it right.

I try to be circumspect in these situations that inevitably arise. To describe in detail such a situation means by definition to accuse. I expect to also be accused but hope that my accusers will afford me the chance to gently set aside any unintended wrongs that might have been done.

Rick, thanks for the heads up on the red wire @ pin seven on the IP failure to energize except after two seconds being something that indeed has been seen. I'll look for those threads.

If I do also need an ECM rebuild maybe someone will chime in on that likelyhood and speak to the further issue of pre-programed ECMs which Chip Fisher told me were available it being necessary to visit the dealer if one gets an unprogrammed one.

Last edited by jhinds; 08-21-2012 at 02:44 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 08-21-2012, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by patdaly

Pat, I can assure you I am not oversensitive, not really sensitive at all. A couple of the military vehicle forums I belong to are about as insensitive as you can get. Everyone thinks they are a drill instructor. Trans forums, Been there, done that. Some good stuff, a LOT of garbage. A whole lot of "My guy is better than your guy" crap. Mr. Hinds understands where I am coming from and vice-versa. Resolved.

Mr. Hinds, I generally only visit three main Cummins forums, this one, Cumminsforum.com, mopar1973man.com.
The article on the ECM would have been on one of those but unfortunately I do not remember which. Or even when since it did not pertain to me I just sort of logged it in memory and moved on. Sorry.

Rick
Old 08-22-2012, 05:48 PM

Resolved (for now)

Blue Chip's replacement IP arrived yesterday (next day air) and it works fine. Starts right up, does not exhibit hard start hot symptom like the first pump from BCD did. As for the dead pedal and issue with pin 7 (red wire) at IP that just cropped up, the shop tested the APPS and found that the voltage was within specs. Steve (mechanic) had an ECM off a wrecked truck he'd had for ten years. It had the same part number as mine. He installed it and that fixed the remaining problems. So, good to go.

Thanks for the responses. If anyone else gets in here and happens to know of a good/preferred dealer for Dodge's Cummins' trucks in the Central Texas/Austin area please let me know as I might still need to have the ECM flashed.