24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

2002 Dodge 2500 24v cummins updated lift pump???

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 06:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New fuel system in route!

Thanks for all the responses guys. Just got home from vacation. While I was in Port A I went ahead and ordered the Vulcan Big Line/Pump Relocate Kit along with the billet pick-up straw/tube for the fuel tank. The guy there was very nice to call me back right away and answer my questions and concerns. Since the truck got a new pump i'm just going to use that one and move it down, if I have problems down the road it will be an easy swap. I also ordered a fuel gauge kit and pillar mount from glowshift. And last but definitely not least I will be doing the kdp kit. Not taking any chances with this baby! I will be dropping the tank because of course with my luck, at the last second the dealer picked up a bad load of fuel. Truck drove fine until the last fill up. Luckily it wasn't enough to do any harm or even set off the WIFL. But every morning before you start it a few drips of water could be drained through the filter housing and every once and awhile you might pull a gulp of it down . They pulled out about a half gallon of water. Most of it got siphoned out and they went through I dunno how many filters. But the truck is running perfect again, but I won't feel comfortable til the tank is dropped cleaned, and dried. Who knows how much water could be settled at the very bottom. Figured I would drop the tank since i'll be all over it anyway. I'm just glad the guy over uses his fuel additive in it as he does in all his trucks.

Oh to top it all off, just the other day, the guy I'm buying it the truck from, stopped by the same fuel station where my new (older) truck got fueled up, same thing happened to his rig. If he didn't have the spare fuel filter with him, he would have been stranded in the dark in the middle of nowhere. He is not ever going to that station again and I'm avoiding it at all cost. It's gonna be a very busy weekend...