24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

0237 Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
0237 Help

I know this thread has been discussed before but my situation is a little different than the ones already posted. My truck has been running fine since I replaced the lift pump. about 5 months ago. I recently started the truck up and it took a little longer to crank before it turned over. I didn't think much of it until I started driving home and it stuttered a little bit. It acted like it lost fuel for just a second and then was fine. Its almost like the transmission slipped for a second. I've had problems with it doing this before. I searched around and finally had my fp read and it was my lift pump crapping out. Like I said, I recently replaced it and have a hard time believing it crapped out already. A few days later my cel came on so I cycled the ignition and it shot the companion code 1693. Went to Vato Zone to have it read and they pulled 0237. Input voltage for boost sensor a. I unhooked negatives and pulled my van aken and it still is there. The next day got in the truck started it, it was still there, went to the gym, workout for 2 hrs get back in the truck and its gone. It feels like its driving with a little more pep but it never really lost power or drove bad when the cel was on. So the next morning I get in the truck and there it is again. Don't know what the problem is. Please help!!
Old 12-17-2006, 06:40 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Without a fuel pressure guage you have no idea if your LP is working. Without good pressure you may have burned up your injection pump. I have seen stock LP's bad right out of the box, so putting in a new one means nothing.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
P0237 Map Sensor Voltage Too Low.
MAP sensor voltage input below the minimum acceptable voltage.
How 'bout it Pro's?
Old 12-18-2006, 11:16 PM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Just shooting from the hip here, but with your mileage I would say your intake sensors are due for a cleaning, both of them. Buy some electronics cleaner (Napa sells it, its an aerosol), and pull both the IAT and MAP sensors. The IAT will take a 13/16 inch socket (i think, its one of the two standard spark plug sockets), and the MAP will require a 1 1/4 inch DEEP socket. Spray some cleaner and some gentle rubbing with a clean rag will clean them right up. Be sure not to leave any fibers or debris from the rag behind.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:42 PM

Thanks guys, I'll give that a try and see what happens.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:35 PM

Don't know anything about the van aaken smartbox, but does it have a boost fooler built into it ?
I ask that because it could be the problem also. My Bank$ box (with boost fooler) throws the 237 code all the time (something wrong with the box.)
People on this site have said that boxes with boost foolers will do that sometimes.
If you clean the sensors and it keeps happening, you might want to call van aaken.

My .02 (probably didn't help much .... )

oh and ... my truck kind of runs the way your discribing when it turns on the cel ... but the fuel pressure always stays good. (unchanged.)