1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Meyers Plow parts

Old 12-05-2007, 10:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Meyers Plow parts

I have a Meyers plow on my 93 W250 that came with the truck when i bought it. Last year it worked fine other than the day after a long rain and then ice storm. I put it on this year since the first snow came last night. Anyhow I got the plow to raise and lower once and that was it. I got no Left or right movement and it won;t raise. I followed the trouble shooting steps that are online. The pump motor will not spin up. I ran power direct to the motor with a jumper and nothing. I took the motor off. I can a spin it by hand. When I hooked up power to it it spun up and then spool down and then nothing. There was a whole bunch of dirt corrsion and other crap in the motor at the bottom when i took off the cover. I hear its common for water to collect in these and frezze. I had that happen last year. The hydralic pump spins fine by hand. So now here I am. I need a new motor or I need to rebuild the motor. What is the best route? What is the price I should expect to pay for a motor? I noticed this motor was made in china. Is there aftermarket motors avalible? I barley use the plow as it is so I'm ok with less that premuim OEM meyers parts However if there is a huge difference in quality and minium difference in price I'm ok with paying up. I'm going to tinker with it today for a bit. If this has a better place on the site please move it. The Pump is an E-60 I believe and the motor has a single stud on it. Thanks
Old 12-05-2007, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The first thing that I would do is pull the cover off the motor and check the brushes it might just need brushes. I think they are pretty cheap and they are easy to do. Other than that it's probably going to be quite expensive to replace the motor ecpecially this time of the year. Also check your area for someone who rewinds electric motors they might be able to help you out.

Ryan