1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Living my truth

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best of wishes faith. Hopefully you will still go to Shady maple when we have it next.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:04 PM

Received 126 Likes on 70 Posts
I have been your DRT friend for almost seven years now. Still having a hard time with this though. None of this changes my profound gratitude for the help over the years, but I just feel like I can't call someone with a Y chromosone "she". I will do my best out of respect for you. Just being totally honest here. Please don't hold it against me.
Your friend,
Mark
Old 07-15-2010, 05:05 PM

Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts
Well, it doesn't seem that long ago that you just "wanted a diesel", but I'd say the list of Killed dowel pins, answered questions, and hours of admeanystration speak for themselves.

What else is there to say? You are an integral part of this site, and to me, this forum especially.

Thank you for letting us know.

Alec
Old 07-15-2010, 05:08 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wannadiesel I truly n honestly hope for the best In my eyes your still a wealth of know how on theses truck's . Be safe n keep going
Old 07-15-2010, 05:13 PM

I have more respect for people who are honest to themselves than people who are dishonest in any way. You may have chosen a difficult road but in the end you will find the result you seek. To thine own self be true. Good Luck!
Old 07-15-2010, 05:18 PM

Hope everything works out for you, i might need a reminder from time to time, faith, as i am bad with names.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:18 PM

I'm with Mhuppertz, I can't or won't accept any reasoning behind this kind of thing. Yep, old, yep, one sided, yep, set in my way, yep... I'll be civil but don't rub it in... same goes for religion. You got your views, I got mine... leave it at that and go on.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:42 PM

I am with cdennyb and mhuppertz.

Do not rub it in. I appreciate the help over the years. I am grateful. I am sad now.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:50 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
It`s all good, I wish only the best for ya.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:54 PM

All I really need to understand is the respect you have earned here by all that you have selflessly given DTR and it's members here over the years.

Our 1st gen forums would certainly not be the same without the loyalty and dedication you bring here day after day. I know of hundreds of members that have been helped directly by you and your efforts to share your knowledge here, both openly and honestly NEVER asking for anything in return but a little respect.
Couldn't have said this better myself. Faith has been my friend for many years. We only lived a couple miles apart. While I'm not a 1st Gen owner, she has helped me with my 3rd gen on several occassions, and with some life questions in general. She is one of the most selfless and gracious people I know. I am fully supportive of you Faith, on your new journey.

Scott
Old 07-15-2010, 05:57 PM

Received 126 Likes on 70 Posts
If I had a friend come to me with this kind of struggle, I would pray with them like crazy and get help. I wouldn't tell him that it was OK. That's not love in my book. The statistics on "gender reassignment" (a misnomer because you can change the genetic code) are grim. The underlying issues always remain and sometimes are exacerbated.
I feel very bad for Dave, and I'm afraid the road just got a lot harder.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:05 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Ummm- all joking aside cuz i know what this must have been very taxing for you . but if you have to start your KDP count at 0 your more than welcome to start over here. the 93 is ready. In otherwords it doesn't change what i think about you as a human because you were always a very giving person and well mannered. I'll always appreciate the mentoring you have given Brandon. I would much rather see you do this than leave a suicide note trying to explain.
Where I work this has been dealt with THREE times already and two are still there and the other took early retirement.
Crossy
Old 07-15-2010, 06:12 PM

Thanks for all your help Faith. You have been a great help to DTR and all of the members on here. Good luck.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:14 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by mhuppertz
Please forgive the possible insensitive question, but is this for real?
Originally Posted by mhuppertz
I'm sorry, having a hard time wrapping my mind around this.
Yes, it is for real, and it's ok. That's why Faith made this thread.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:39 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Faith, I couldn't care less one gender or another, be happy and live your life well.

Change to a Furd Power Joke and the furs gonna fly.....................

Quick Reply: Living my truth