1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Living my truth

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Faith had the courage to tell me this in a string of PMs on MDTDC. As I told her over on MDTDC I will support her through this. I consider her as a friend and someone to BS with at the Club's events and at our breakfast GTGs. I have learned lots about 1st Gens and Cummins powered trucks and about Butterscotch, her MB diesel, in general from her. If you liked the person that was Dave you will like the person that is now Faith. The only change is her appearance. The person within, personality and the vast knowledge of everything diesel HAS NOT changed. He** I could care loss if she told me she was changing her skin color also. I hope to see Faith a the next MDTDC event and the breakfast GTG near my house. Keith
Old 07-15-2010, 07:37 PM

Faith, I first off would like to say it takes a great deal of strength to do what you have done, in that I mean coming out as the person you feel you truly are. I know a transgender person and she is really cool, always hooked me up with food at the local Waffle House after I worked 2nd shift. Ill tell you what I told her after she came out to me months after I had been going there. Thank you for being honest with me with who you are and not decieving me with who you think I should view you as. Best of luck and see you at the next event.

Coop
Old 07-15-2010, 07:43 PM

No worries about theidlemind accepting............
All people, one human race, one forum, brothers and sisters.
db
Old 07-15-2010, 07:52 PM

Received 114 Likes on 80 Posts
First of all, let me say that though I've never had the pleasure of meeting you, in my eyes, you're the reason all of us 1st genners are still around. Also, the reason why we come on DTR with problems that, for some of us, seem to be way over our heads. You put the confidence in and light the fire under the asses of most of us to get the job done when giving your thoughts and opinions on certain issues.

As most have already stated, your relentless advice and helpful knowledge has not only kept all of us on the road but, it has not and will not go unnoticed. Since I signed up here at DTR, I don't believe I've read a single thread that you DIDN'T post a reply to. You've always been there with your vast knowledge of what seems to be everything as well as a great sense of humor. As for myself, I look forward to many more years of that vast knowledge you have. Regardless of appearance, knowledge is knowledge. That knowledge is highly respected!

Although, not everyone may agree with your decision, the ultimate opinion should be the respect and acceptance of your decision. Your life is YOUR life and you are free to do with it whatever you choose. I stand behind you in your decision. I also have gained even more and ultimately the utmost respect for you to be able to open up like this to us. Most of which are complete strangers, in a sense, not having met you. Best wishes to you on your new journey, Faith!!
Old 07-15-2010, 07:56 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
I'm typing this through tears, I'm overwhelmed by how great you all are.

I never expected the level of support you have shown whether through posts here, PM's, and even some phone calls. I am truly blessed to be a member of the DTR family.

Each and every one of you, thank you!
Old 07-15-2010, 08:12 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by wannadiesel
I am truly blessed to be a member of the DTR family.
Pretty obvious we are the ones blessed to have you here
Old 07-15-2010, 08:27 PM

I am new here, and I would like to thank Faith for answering my dumb and ignorant questions. She has already helped me a lot.

Thanks,

Clark
Old 07-15-2010, 08:27 PM

Wow from left field! Dave was always knowledgeable and eager to help, so i'm not 100% but hey see you at the Buck, Faith. I hope you're at peace with yourself. All the best!
Old 07-15-2010, 08:34 PM

You will still be the same helpful and knowledgeable person you have been. You will still have 21,500+ posts here on dtr. You will be Wannadiesel.
I still respect you so will others and if they don't it's their loss.
Congrats on having the courage to tell all of us and do what you feel you need to do.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:47 PM

im very new to the sight. i holpe that every thing in your life that you do makes you who you want to be. as every one else here has said you will be the same person on the forms as you have been i wish you best of luck in every thing that you come across and congrats for telling every one what most people can not do!
shane
Old 07-15-2010, 08:52 PM

This forum was already an example of how people can be sensitive and accepting of all levels of the members experience and knowledge without making them feel less because they are new to the trucks. The kindness and honest respnses to nuts and bolts questions so everyone can feel good in fixing their problems was the main reason I enjoyed checking in here daily.

The courage Faith has in revealing this information about herself in this arena gives me hope that this world is evolving as I hope. The challenge to change attitudes about tolerance and acceptance needs to be put forward in more unexpected places. Thanks Faith for really raising the possibilities for growth in all of us. I wish you nothing but happiness in the future.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:21 PM

To find ones self is truly a remarkable thing. It takes a lifetime and I openly say Bravo! To talk about this and go through the transformation is a very brave thing to do! Best in you endeavors Faith.

For the ones that have never met you, but always hope to meet you:

Through the internet it is only just a name. Whether it be Mark or now Faith. The knowledge of the person is what always seems to make the difference.

I work in a mostly male world and always have open arms to females wanting to enter into this world.

Glenn

Last edited by RuralCruiser007; 07-15-2010 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 07-15-2010, 09:39 PM

Received 88 Likes on 58 Posts
Wow, I logged on to check out some threads I'm following and see "Living my truth" so I check it out. That was like getting hit upside the head with a 2x4! I work in construction with all kinds of people, many who don't share my faith and world view, and we manage to get along, and if we were to ever meet (not likely since I'm on the left coast) I'd shake your hand and thank you for all you've done for this forum, but I'm not with you on this. You're in my prayers.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:47 PM
Ace
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm down with it. Shocked, but hey - it's cool. I learned a long time ago there's no point being judgemental about alot of things, especially this type stuff.

Now the truck stuff, that's a diffreent story, don't get me started...
Old 07-15-2010, 09:50 PM

Right on... The only thing you need to do is be yourself and do what makes YOU happy.. I have not had the chance to meet you yet but you have taught me many things just from reading your posts, and you even called me before to make sure I knew the buck was resceduled due to rain... I hope to meet you at the buck or a local GTG before to much longer, just like most the others im with ya on this..

Quick Reply: Living my truth