1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

leaky injector

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
leaky injector

one of my injectors is leaking up through the lock nut, this afternoon i pulled it out to see if there was any trash in between the head and the washer , just installed these injectors a couple of weeks ago, well cleaned the washer and bore , reinstalled the injector , noticed that it didn't fit good and snug , would move around in the injectotor bore queit a bit, i noticed this also before i pulled the injector out , when loosen the nut i just pulled it right out, well to make a long story short this thing is still leaking! why would that injector be so lose in the head? i know thats why it is leaking. gonna call bully dog tomorrow. any suggestions in the meantime?
Old 10-01-2003, 12:35 AM
Patron Saint of 1st gens

Re:leaky injector

One thing I've learned to do... the hard way... is to make sure that each time you pull out or change injectors, make sure that each one has it's old washer on it... otherwise you'll end up "double washering". If you do that you'll need to pull them all out to find the culprit... it's always the last one of course...

There should be an "indexing ball" on the injector. That must fit into the slot at the bottom/outside of the injector bore. It should slip in fairly easy.

Check that stuff out and let us know if you have any other problems..

bob.
Old 10-01-2003, 03:54 AM

Re:leaky injector

yea check for all thhe washers , and the ball , injector just doesn't fit in the head good and snug ,and its just that one injector.