1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Intercooler right up facts verifications

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intercooler right up facts verifications

Been working on my right-up today, and need to be sure of some things.

OK. non intercooled, turbo H1c 89-91.0 right..........

What is the name of the intercooled first gen turbo ?????????

early 2nt gen Wh1c........what years?

early HX35 With V band flange, what years, or what year did it change to the bolt on elbow type?

The waste gate actuator changed from the ext. housing to the compressor side at the same time the V band style when a way.........Right?

I now that Htt sell the compressor housing up grades for the intercooled....as well as the non???......right????

Who else sell this up grade compressor houseing so that a elbow can be added to allow the intercooler to be hook up on the hot side.

ANY and ALL HELP WOULD BE GRATELY APPRISHEATED

Thanks
Flash
Old 12-30-2007, 07:43 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by flashgordon
Been working on my right-up today, and need to be sure of some things.

OK. non intercooled, turbo H1c 89-91.0 right..........

yup

What is the name of the intercooled first gen turbo ?????????

same. gotta ID by sight, I think. 3'' inlet for non-ic, 4''inlet for ic.

early 2nt gen Wh1c........what years?

94 and maybe early 95

early HX35 With V band flange, what years, or what year did it change to the bolt on elbow type?

all 12v's, I think (94-98.0)

The waste gate actuator changed from the ext. housing to the compressor side at the same time the V band style when a way.........Right?

dunno

I now that Htt sell the compressor housing up grades for the intercooled....as well as the non???......right????

There's a couple places. It's all Holset parts, so a little digging could save the savvy shopper some $$. There's a compressor housing w/out the v-band. That's what I got from HTT back a year or so ago. Easier to slide a hose over and adapt to the rest of my setup.

Who else sell this up grade compressor houseing so that a elbow can be added to allow the intercooler to be hook up on the hot side.

Most are set up to accept the elbow (v-band). You've gotta ask for the slip fit.

ANY and ALL HELP WOULD BE GRATELY APPRISHEATED

Thanks
Flash
Good luck with the writeup! Lots of info to be had in one place when you get it done!
Old 12-30-2007, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by G1625S
Good luck with the writeup! Lots of info to be had in one place when you get it done!

WOW 7 OUT OF 8, THAT'S AN A+ IN MY BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS VARY MUCH!!!!

Flash
Old 12-30-2007, 08:55 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
The 24 valves have the wastegate actuator up on the compressor. You want an XX-35 off a 12 valve if possible.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by wannadiesel
The 24 valves have the wastegate actuator up on the compressor. You want an XX-35 off a 12 valve if possible.
And Dave slips in to answer the last on

If my beat up 12 valver leaks, like i thing its going too, I'm going to find out how to make a 24V HX35 work out of a 02

I found out the hard way, that the compressor wheel......and housing are smaller on a 24 valver.

It would be interesting to see how the two turbos will behave..........and if the one i have installed on my truck now will hold boost. this summer, after a fue runs down the track, I'm going to find out