1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Horrible vendor

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 04:55 PM

Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by MrFusion
I don't want to run afoul of the mods but here is a link to reviews for CPP. They pretty much speak for themselves.

https://www.google.com/search?source...5d8242afa4cf,1,,,
how does a Business not go under with that kind of revews
Old 02-18-2018, 08:55 PM

Received 308 Likes on 234 Posts
Dunno. Usually they just change the name and continue ripping people off once they get too many bad reviews/BBB downgrades/lawsuits etc. Turds.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:45 AM

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by cabtruck

how does a Business not go under with that kind of revews
At least sometimes it is because people are willing to purchase products at the absolute cheapest price found on the internet.

There is another of these characters in North Carolina. One of our administrators, Maybe368, was kind enough to point me to a VW forum where this guy's antics are well-documented:

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...inions-328677/

This link may work as well:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread...ans+auto+parts
Old 02-19-2018, 05:43 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts
Guys I hope we touch base on these topics every so often to keep them fresh. I appreciate everyone not hating on me. For being so stupid or saying those types of things. It would just feel like I was being piled on. I did try and look up CPP before I decided to try them. Unfortunately no one back then was saying these types of things about them. I posted on the 2nd gen board a question about who builds quality NV4500's. Honestly it was between CPP and High Gear and I was stupid. I decided to try CPP due only to the fact they were close enough to drive so I didn't have to deal with shipping my trans and then paying to ship it back. A decision I truly regret. I just hope that every so often this topic (not just with CPP) comes back up. That if there are vendors out there making a living flat out stealing from us that with the power of the keyboard we can continue to discuss it. If it helps only a few its well worth discussing it.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:52 PM

Received 1,038 Likes on 763 Posts
I for one am not hating on you. I very much appreciate hearing your experience and will heed your warnings about this vendor. Thank you.

Edwin
Old 02-19-2018, 06:52 PM

Received 2,392 Likes on 1,576 Posts
Freight train,
Just out of curiosity what sort of fluid are you running in all those red NV-4500 powered Cummins trucks down there?
I have used almost all my OEM Castro Syntorque fluid up, that I ordered when I heard it was going to be discontinued.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:09 PM

Received 88 Likes on 58 Posts
Funny how ads for the accursed business pop up on this site! Maybe it's a google thing?
Old 02-19-2018, 07:38 PM

Oli when I did both conversions in my red heads it was still available through my local dealer (might still be I'm not sure). When I did the two conversions in two of dads rigs he bought it through the dealer. I get a great discount through work at a local AC Delco store and just ordered two cases through them. I figured since NV4500's are getting older there might come a day that the Syntorque stuff might get hard to get one day. It was roughly $15 a qrt (if I remember correctly) with my discount but ironically they had it on their shelf. Since its the same stuff no matter if you buy it through a GM or Dodge dealer I went where I could get it cheaper.

P.S. It should be noted that I DO NOT buy GM products through this place. Their name is Auto Electric and its where I get my DC forklift pump motors, dock lock motors, and fan motors rebuilt. They just happen to be a AC Delco dealer also.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:35 PM

Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by edwinsmith
I for one am not hating on you. I very much appreciate hearing your experience and will heed your warnings about this vendor. Thank you.

Edwin
it’s good to know when a vendor does people wrong it would also be good to know what vendors go out of there way to help
Old 02-20-2018, 10:46 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts

Sheesh. These guys have been screwing us for awhile. I thought I neg'd them in 2012. Bought a set of 7x.010 injectors from them. Took months to get them (after payment). They were built up on severely corroded cores, 1 of them failed immediately. Took more months to get that replaced, then more months to get the core charge back. Decided to investigate and found that the "enterprise" is a farm.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:30 PM

Received 86 Likes on 70 Posts
One can get products from most anywhere, but the folks below will advise you well, never rip you off, and their products/manufacture/customer service are absolutely top notch.

I have dealt with all of them, and I tend to stick with people I'm comfortable with, whether a simple valve stem seal/gasket, or injectors, or cylinder heads/valve train & any machining work.

Off the top of my head - there's a few other good ones out there, but these come immediately to mind -

Mark Wilson (DieselTuff.com) - user name Nascar on this forum - will only make/carry what he uses himself. I’ve known him to turn folks away rather than sell them what they don’t need.

Keating Shelley - Keatingmachine.com

The Haisley's - Haisleymachine.com

Dave Goerend - Goerend.com

In addition, I've dealt with a few drop shippers; some are mediocre but not necessarily dishonest, and others are downright scammers.

If anyone wants to know about any particular vendor they're considering, feel free to PM me or ask about them in these public forums.

Originally Posted by cabtruck

it’s good to know when a vendor does people wrong it would also be good to know what vendors go out of there way to help
Old 02-20-2018, 04:01 PM

Received 308 Likes on 234 Posts
Hey freight train, I bought an NOS NV4500 with updated output shaft (fully splined 5th gear fix). Seems decent although I didn't disassemble it to confirm the parts that were in it. The company I bought it from is Midwest Transmission. They were decent to deal with.
https://www.midwesttrans.com/

They also carry a "house" brand of Syntorque. $34/gallon.
Old 02-20-2018, 05:45 PM

Thanks Fusion. I am working out getting a rebuilt trans from a guy locally who bought it from Jasper and then had bad luck with tree in the truck. Long story short he gave me the serial number off the trans and I called Jasper directly. Its had the updated fully splined main shaft, reverse syncro has been updated to bronze, and the 5th gear nut has been updated to a locknut style with a twin set screw design. It hasn't been in the truck and still has whats left of the 3yr warranty. I cant pass it up. WHERE WAS THIS THING BACK IN JULY!!!

Ofelas we need to have these types of conversations more often. It will help other members in the future who search for vendors or known good vendors for what they are needing.

J Martin, that's what I was referring too when I wrote that his business being located in a metal building behind his house on a farm. RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG!
Old 02-21-2018, 10:26 AM

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by freight train
J Martin, that's what I was referring too when I wrote that his business being located in a metal building behind his house on a farm. RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG!
Well I would point out, just because someone doesn’t have a brick & mortar location, doesn’t mean their not legit. I personally run my business out of my house. Wife has to share the kitchen counter (aka my shipping bench) with everything from injectors to turbo’s.
And I don’t even have a address or phone # on my site for a reason. I tried that many years ago & people would show up or phone at all times of the night.
#1 thing to look for in a vendor is - do they respond back to you in a timely matter & without excuses. If your email isn’t answered within 1 business day, I would suggest to move on.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:31 AM

Received 86 Likes on 70 Posts
Yeah, I heard from your wife you clean cutlery in a Bosch ultrasonic machine with SoyShield....

Quick Reply: Horrible vendor