1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Gauges

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 06:30 PM
Muted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gauges

Im in the market to buy some gauges. What gauges are you guys using and what do ya like and dislike about them? There are alot out there and the decision isnt easy for me. If you have any pics of you setup's I would love to see them. Thanks<br> -RATCHET-
Old 02-25-2003, 07:14 PM

Re:Gauges

I use Di-pricol and I am very pleased with them. I have the black faced ones, I personally don't like the white face. The are lit very well and seem to be accurate. I like the fact they have 2 bulbs in each gauge. They are also very easy to hook up. Bill
Old 02-25-2003, 10:29 PM
Muted User

Where do you get di-pricol gauges?<br> -RATCHET-
Old 02-25-2003, 10:36 PM

You can get them from lot's of places like Pier's, TST, Geno's, etc.<br><br>Personally I think Geno's Garage has the best prices.<br><br>Bill
Old 03-03-2003, 08:49 PM
Muted User

I ordered the gauges from geno's garage. You were right- they were the cheapest of all the sites i checked. Also the freight was only $5.50 so i really made out. I have the dual pillar mount, the pyro, and the boost gauge all coming for just over $200.00. Another thing I found in my search was this http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article...ons&amp;A=1008 Thanks for your help!<br> -RATCHET-
Old 03-03-2003, 08:52 PM

Glad I could help. That was a intresting article. Glad mine come out on top. ;D<br><br>Bill
Old 03-25-2003, 08:27 PM
Muted User

Today I cancelled my gauge order from Geno's. One month after i ordered the gauges, they finally have the boost gauge in that they said would take a week. Now they are out of the pyro gauges that were in stock when i originally ordered everything. Sometimes its not worth saving $20 to get run into the dirt.Im back in the market for boost and pyro.Geno's gets the finger from me for service.<br> -RATCHET-
Old 03-25-2003, 08:37 PM

I don't know what is going on with Geno's. I have never persoally oreder from them, but know lots of people who have. Everyone has always been pleased and they have always been about the best in prices.

Although, here lately I have been hearing a lot of what you just said about back orders. My buddy down the road just cancelled his order for a fuel pressure gauge after a month of them saying it will ship this week, then it went on backorder. Sounds like they are having a hard time keeping stocked. I doubt so many people are ordering stuff they are that far behind or out. I would speculate something elese is going on but who knows. I have dealt with TST products in Columbus, IN. They are a little more expensive, but are very friendly and a local company for me. Bill

TST Products
Old 03-26-2003, 10:23 AM

I like my Isspro gauges, and the autometer 2 pod A pillar mount worked pretty well. I don't have any pics tho
Old 03-26-2003, 11:14 AM

Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

I have been happy with ISSPRO, though I have seen a couple posts on here of very dissatisfied customers . . . I also have to admit that my boost guage sticks at zero when it is warm out (I figure it just needs a shot of lube somewhere). I also have this idea that there is really only one company that makes pyro sending units . . . but I could be wrong.<br><br>They also have an easy web site, and sell man-sized electronic tachometers that will work on our trucks.<br><br>
Old 03-26-2003, 12:27 PM

I have Isspro EV's on a pillar mount and really like 'em. The original pyro I got had a problem. Huckstorf Diesel sent me a replacement and it has been fine since. My boost guage does not stick. ??? I have some pics on the home 'puter. If I remember tonight, I post or send one.
Old 03-26-2003, 04:48 PM

Just finished install of Autometers in two different trucks. Happy w/both. 8)

Old 03-27-2003, 08:12 AM

Here's a pic of my Isspro EV's on the Autometer pillar mount.
Old 03-27-2003, 08:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running the ISSPRO in a triple pod mounted on the dash above the heater switches. I've had intermittent problems with the EGT gauge not working at all, seems like a loose connection that I haven't found yet. The boost and trans are working fine, and I really like the dash mount, no reduced visibility. I will try and drag home a digital camera and snap a photo.
Old 03-27-2003, 08:34 AM

[quote author=Craig93 link=board=9;threadid=11484;start=0#120962 date=1048774989]<br>I'm running the ISSPRO in a triple pod mounted on the dash above the heater switches. I've had intermittent problems with the EGT gauge not working at all, seems like a loose connection that I haven't found yet. The boost and trans are working fine, and I really like the dash mount, no reduced visibility. I will try and drag home a digital camera and snap a photo.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Craig, you might want to call Isspro or the dealer you got your pyro from. The problem I had with mine was that it would not work at all sometimes, but if I tapped the little &quot;box&quot; in the wiring harness that comes with the pyro, it'd start working. They said they'd had a batch of 'em with this problem and replaced it for free. No problems since.

Quick Reply: Gauges