1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Factory Crew Cab CTD 1st gen???

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 12:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Factory Crew Cab CTD 1st gen???

There is a 91-93 CTD crew cab 4dr dually in my town that appears all stock and factory looking. I was interested to know how many of these pickups they made. This one is in good condition. I might just have to snap a photo of it.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
from my info. 0
Old 08-20-2007, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by dan1stgen
from my info. 0
2nd that, any that exist never came from the factory like that, most are conversions that were done at some point of the trucks life, either by company's that did custom conversions or someone with a crew cab truck that wanted a CTD under the hood.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:13 PM

Very interesting! I really have to take a picture of this rig. The paint appears to be stock (white/silver/red pin striping) and has the "Power Ram 350 CTD" badges on the front fenders. The wheels are stock steel grey. Very very original looking.

91-93 4dr 2wd club cab dually.........hhhmmm, weird
Old 08-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Banned

iT'S DEFFENTLY BEEN CONVERTED TO CTD the good thing is the swap is easy to do I believe I was the first in Ca to convert my 2x4 crewcab longbed to 4x4 back in the early 90's and then in my area I beleive second to put a ctd into a crewcab .
Old 08-20-2007, 01:31 PM

for a "conversion pickup" it sure looks factory. I guess my question now is how many conversion 4drs are out there?
Old 08-20-2007, 02:48 PM

PICS!!!

shesellsseashellsbytheseashore
Old 08-20-2007, 03:14 PM

yeah, lets see some pics. most of the ones you do see are all flashy and/or lifted. i wanna see a factory-looking rig

=D
Old 08-20-2007, 04:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Firstgenfanatic
for a "conversion pickup" it sure looks factory.
If you do it right and use all factory parts with a factory paint scheme is has to look factory built.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:15 PM
Banned

you can built one and swap all the badges over and repaint it and yes it will look factory built just takes time and lot's of MONEY but dodge never built a crewcab diesel they stopped making the crews is 85 and started the diesel's in 89
Old 08-20-2007, 06:13 PM

the crew cabs on the 1st gen truck stoped the year of when the diesels cam out so any none converted crew cabs are allways gas. so the crew cabs comes from gas trucks i not sure if they cam in gas 4x4s cuz all the gas crew cabs i see are 2wds. theres a bunch of crew cads driveing around in my area but most are rusted to ****. it would be nice if some stared a thread only on the crew cabs
Old 08-21-2007, 03:34 PM

My dad and I converted an '85 crew cab into a Cummins powered truck. We took the original two wheel drive, dually, crew cab, gas, automatic, and converted it to 4 wheel drive with a Cummins and 5spd transmission. Trucks like these look factory because no exterior body changes have to be made, and you can paint a truck a factory color without it having to come from the factory.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:27 PM

I have one of those conversions. Must have been stored in the Salt Lake judging by the rust. I believe mine was done by Bayer Conversions in WI or MN, could be wrong. I have the original paperwork from the dealership but havent done the research yet.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:44 PM
Banned

Yes the crewcabs are really easy to convert it is basicly unbolt off of one frame and bolt it back onto the other frame there is a large amountof shortbed crews running around but unless it was done by a company you rarely see a longbed .unless you build it your self like I did .to me a shortbed is worthless if you can't haul a sheet of plywood in the bed with gate closed why drive it .
Old 08-23-2007, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by simplysmn
unless it was done by a company you rarely see a longbed .unless you build it your self like I did .to me a shortbed is worthless if you can't haul a sheet of plywood in the bed with gate closed why drive it .
Mine is a short bed. I don't mind it at all, although there are times when an extra 18" of real estate would be nice. For me, I need the short bed. My driveway is on an alley, and to get into the alley I have to turn down a narrow side street. Then my driveway is parallel to the alley, and my truck barely fits lengthwise to get it out of the alley, but not on the neighbor's property and not run into my house. I have to be very careful now, I can't imagine what more wheelbase would do for me. If I need to haul something long, I can steal my dad's trailer. A little bit of hassle to go get it, but worth it to have a ctd crew right now instead of waiting for a different property with more parking space to have the long bed.

Quick Reply: Factory Crew Cab CTD 1st gen???