1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Boost elbows...?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 06:32 PM

Received 114 Likes on 80 Posts
Boost elbows...?

Where can I find one for a good price? Also, what's the standard size wastegate hose? I'm looking at some at siliconeintakes.com. They have 4mm, 6mm and 10mm.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:02 AM

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by jimbo486
Where can I find one for a good price? Also, what's the standard size wastegate hose? I'm looking at some at siliconeintakes.com. They have 4mm, 6mm and 10mm.

I just received a box full of silicone boots, elbows, clamps, and such from Verocious Motorsports.

I sort of stumbled upon the company quite by accident.

They had every piece that I was needing and in the colors that I wanted, plus some really neat non-pinching hose-clamps for fuel-lines and such that I have never seen anywhere before, so they got my money.

I could not seem to find any other company that actually had my entire order on hand; so, buying it all at this one place saved me quite a bit of shipping/handling fees.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:49 AM

Received 114 Likes on 80 Posts
I forgot about Verocious. They do have a lot of good stuff! Unfortunately they don't have boost elbows/fittings for the wastegate that I'm looking for. I have my dad looking for one at the diesel shop at his work.

If he can't find one there, I plan on stopping at a local Napa to check out their collection of brass fittings. Their website turned up nothing in the size and style I needed and I'm hoping their in-store inventory varies. And I've already placed an order with siliconeintakes.com for the wastegate hose.

I got 2ft. of 6mm hose at $1.50 per ft. Not too bad of a price but it's pretty thick-walled hose.

The nipple on the wastegate's actuator head measured out to about .252". Converted into MM, it came to 6.35mm and I don't think the hose at 6mm being .35mm too small will be a problem slipping over the nipple.