1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

93 W250

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2003, 11:03 PM

Received 88 Likes on 58 Posts
Re:93 W250

Sounds like you found a nice one! Better not let it get away.
I paid more than that 2 years ago - won't say how much. :
Most trucks I looked at going for 10K$ or less were in my opinion junk - too much for their condition.
Old 09-10-2003, 01:42 AM
Patron Saint of 1st gens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

....you talk about remembering to unplug it eh..... well guess what and who......

About the 3rd winter I had the truck I had gotten into the "ritual" of coming home, bailing out and running for the door. (that was a bad winter with near record snow and cold)
About 2-3 hours later I'd roar out, yank the extension from under the carport door, plug ole Lucy in and dash back inside.
Well, one morning I'm running late, coffee mug is sloshing coffe on my suit, snow in my shoes... jump in, and, yup, you got it..... flashed the ole girl up, hit "R" and off I went...

I get home and the misses says to me ".... hey you know you forgot to unplug the truck this morning eh......?"
(This was made worse due to my nagging her to "do it all right&quot....
Ya ya ya..... ok....
About a week goes by, and.......... oh ya.... here we go....

Dash out, jump in turn off the alarm AFTER I set it off and get in.... flash 'er up, hit "R", back out and off I go....
I come home that night and what do I see all roled up in the driveway.... an orange extension cord....
Son of Birch tree, who put their garbage in my driveway....
ahhhhhh crap...... I musta pulled the cord till it tightened and unplugged itself, just like the first time...
I know I'll never hear the end of this...until my neighbour shouts from his living rooom window,,,, hey, I saw you pull out with this long orange tail dragging behind you this morning... actually you were doing good till you got up the street, then you musta caught the cord under your rear wheel and it pulled loose. I rolled it up for ya, but it's gonna need a couple new ends..

Now, I drape the extension over the drivers side of the brush guard, I can't miss it now....... :-

Pastor Bob.
Old 09-10-2003, 01:49 AM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HAHHAHAH I have a wrap that i use for my roping ropes that iam goi to see if it will wrap around the steerin wheel see if i can yank it out the wall
Old 09-10-2003, 07:50 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Bob, you gotta do what I did. Disconnect the blocke heater coard, and feed it through a 2ft section of 1/2 inch pvc. Rewire the coard and pull it tight to the pvc. Duct tape it where the coard comes out of the tube so it stays tight. Now feed the pvc tube partially through the grill and lay it on the bumper so the plug is facing forward, extending 1 ft out past the bumper. Secure with duct tape. Now paint a large arrow on the wall (or duct tape) pointing down to your favorite electricle outlet. You can now drive the truck right to the plug, no coard needed. Sawthis on Red Green. :-*

Also, haven't forgotten about ya. Plan on ordering the pump wrench soon too.
Old 09-10-2003, 08:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who are you trying to kid Bob you watched a re-run of the Beverly Hillbillies and were looking for more HP ;D ;D ;D.
Don't keep us in suspence - did it work?

Bob
Old 09-10-2003, 07:41 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Well the count down starts tell the CTD goes in to service on the ranch and then follows me in to brokness but look on the bright side look at all the money ill save on fuel but what the heck i have wanted one since i was 16 and 4yrs later of hard looking and lots of learning.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:59 PM
Patron Saint of 1st gens

.....Red Green is THE MAN.....

Besides we all do things like that up here.... it's cold alot you know.... ;D

Pastor Bob.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:03 PM

cowboy
Buy the truck already will ya!!!
I just got mine a few months ago for 1100.It beat hard though(over 350k) and needed a tranny and many other things but its great.runs perfect.
a friend of mine just bought a 92 D250 ext 80k for 10,700,but its brand new.clean as a whistle
I run mine on veg oil which is free or biodeseil which is aboat .40-.60 a gal to make. It doesnt get cheaper
go get it
Old 09-12-2003, 11:15 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

TOO LATE ;D its coming home Tuesday i cant hardly sleep iam as excited as a blond in the back seat upside down
Old 09-13-2003, 06:44 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

[quote author=ironmike link=board=9;threadid=19205;start=30#msg184117 date=1063418635]
cowboy
I run mine on veg oil which is free or biodeseil which is aboat .40-.60 a gal to make. It doesnt get cheaper
go get it
[/quote]
Ok.... this has been talked about in the General Diesel forum here. Sounds like you know something we don't. How about the details?
Old 09-13-2003, 11:17 AM

Redleg,
I assumed your talking about the boideisel (B100).
Bio can be made from any veg oil or grease or even chicken/beef fat.The pourable veg oils are easier to work with.Used oil from resturants are free and work fine for bio.The resturant I was collecting it from changed it every day. so I would burn this straight as well.
Basiclly to make bio the oil must be heated to 130 or so and a mixture of lye and methanol is added to this and mixed for awhile.Shut down the pump and the glycerin will settle to the bottom.drain this off and you have bio.
You can also run staight veg oil as well but it has to be heated to 180 before it hits the IP.you have to start up and shut on bio or diesel, you will need two tanks.
I cant any difference in power with the Dogde and the benz runs better on bio.
This is just the basics so look into to it more if your going to try it. There alot of info on the web to.If you need any help let me know, i'll be glad to.
Mr.Deisel who invented the deisel engine ran the first one on peanut oil.His idea was that farmers could make there own fuel and not have to rely on foriegn sources.
Imagie that
mike
Old 09-13-2003, 09:03 PM

Hey ironmike, you had better quite talking about useing biodiesel fuel, a government agent will be over to collect some road tax from you before you know it.
Old 09-13-2003, 09:12 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

If we get caught using our off road diesel that we have on our ranch for the combines and tractors and get caught its a 20,000 dollar fine just for using gas we bought but becuase its tax free its a huge penalty
Old 09-13-2003, 09:23 PM

Hey Dodgecowboy when are you gonna get some pictures of this truck on here for us? I'd really like to see it i might know it. Spent some time in Tygh Valley.

Chris
Old 09-13-2003, 09:44 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Tuesday thats when my digital camera that i loaned a month ago is suposed to be brought back to me :

Quick Reply: 93 W250