1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

1st Gen appearence in a Movie

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 10:51 PM

Received 138 Likes on 86 Posts
Saw a cool 1st gen wrecker on Alaska State Troopers the other day...pulling a dead moose out of a lake.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
On PBS there was a program about turkeys, at the beginning of the program theres a non I/C rclb d250 5 spd. The sound was'nt over-dubbed with a gas engine sound
Old 11-29-2013, 01:45 PM

Received 138 Likes on 86 Posts
Yep saw that too....my life as a turkey.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:41 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Also On Moonshiner's all the guy's are driving Dodges yes second and 3rd but It would not surprise me to see a first gen in the mix
Old 12-02-2013, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by 1STGENFARMBOY
Yep saw that too....my life as a turkey.
Yep thats the one
Old 12-18-2013, 10:22 PM

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,113 Posts
Originally Posted by Crossy's son
check this one out! never heard of this movie

"Atomic Train" made in 99

Looks like a club cab silverstar/charcoal club cab! like NJTman's

Awesome. I had no idea I was famous !
Old 12-18-2013, 10:28 PM

Anyone here old enough to remember this show? I was a kid when it was on, but I do remember it well. It appears that I had a fascination with Dodge trucks back then as well, although I had no idea until a few years ago, that my subconscious brought me full circle.

It's not a "diesel", but if the show was on a few years later, it would have been... Good old SQUAD 51. I was thummin through the channels today, and it was on the ME network. The guys were saving some dude caught sleeping in a junkyard when the cars collapsed on the vehicle he was in.

Great watching those old shows with all those old cars and truck is it. IF you have an hour and a half to kill, you can watch the pilot show here:

The vehicle which represented Squad 51 was constructed by Universal crews and was an accurate replica of the units built in-house on stock truck chassis by LACoFD at the time. The LACoFD shops were unable to fulfill a request from Universal to build a unit for the show within the short deadline the studio asked, but did provide the blueprints. This conversion was subsequently completed on a 1973 and 1974 Dodge D300 chassis as well. The replica's accuracy is evident that the white light atop the "Twinsonic" lightbar was part of the blueprint, but never installed by LAcoFD on its departmental units. This light was supposed to differentiate paramedic units from regular rescue units. After the filming of the show, the studio donated the unit to LACoFD in 1978, which pressed it into occasional service as a reserve unit before it was eventually retired from service.
In 1999, LACoFD donated the Universal-built squad to the Los Angeles County Fire Museum, which restored it and put it on display.[1][2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency!
Attached Thumbnails 1st Gen appearence in a Movie-squad_51.jpg  
Old 12-19-2013, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NJTman
Anyone here old enough to remember this show? I was a kid when it was on, but I do remember it well. It appears that I had a fascination with Dodge trucks back then as well, although I had no idea until a few years ago, that my subconscious brought me full circle.

It's not a "diesel", but if the show was on a few years later, it would have been... Good old SQUAD 51. I was thummin through the channels today, and it was on the ME network. The guys were saving some dude caught sleeping in a junkyard when the cars collapsed on the vehicle he was in.

Great watching those old shows with all those old cars and truck is it. IF you have an hour and a half to kill, you can watch the pilot show here:

The vehicle which represented Squad 51 was constructed by Universal crews and was an accurate replica of the units built in-house on stock truck chassis by LACoFD at the time. The LACoFD shops were unable to fulfill a request from Universal to build a unit for the show within the short deadline the studio asked, but did provide the blueprints. This conversion was subsequently completed on a 1973 and 1974 Dodge D300 chassis as well. The replica's accuracy is evident that the white light atop the "Twinsonic" lightbar was part of the blueprint, but never installed by LAcoFD on its departmental units. This light was supposed to differentiate paramedic units from regular rescue units. After the filming of the show, the studio donated the unit to LACoFD in 1978, which pressed it into occasional service as a reserve unit before it was eventually retired from service.
In 1999, LACoFD donated the Universal-built squad to the Los Angeles County Fire Museum, which restored it and put it on display.[1][2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency!
Heck yea I remember watching the reruns when I was a kid in the 90s

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2013, 02:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 93flatbed
I hope they don't ruin the Red Dawn movie. The first was fantastic!
I watched the remake and it was horrible compared to the original..
Old 12-19-2013, 08:18 PM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
I want that grill for my '74 r-charger, my '73 100 shortie memories are rekindling........
Old 01-04-2014, 08:19 AM
Administrator

Received 563 Likes on 412 Posts
I was watching Gold Rush on Discovery last night and when the Dakota boy's derocker broke down, as they were repairing it, I saw the tale tale rocker covers of a 6bt on the engine that was running it. It is a quick scene, but I am pretty sure that it's a Cummins. It is about the only part of that machine that hasn't broken down...Mark
Old 01-05-2014, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by maybe368
I was watching Gold Rush on DiscoveryMark

Weather channels Highway through hell had a 93 w250/350 all done up, as it was some kind of rescue vehicle on one of the big jobs they had pulling a truck out of some hole somewhere. Didn't belong to them, as it was some local rescue truck.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:33 PM

I saw that too, a couple weeks ago. To me it's just another show where they create drama where none exists.
What highway is that?
Old 03-03-2014, 12:26 AM

Dejavu with Denzel Washington. He passes one, then about runs headlong into it, when he's in the H2. Later when he's in the ambulance another one pulls into the right lane to let him by.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Anyone know if this film or rig? I think it played a minor part in a modern cowboy movie as itself. The rodeo guy (John Payne aka: "One Armed Bandit") was filmed doing his show in '95' I assume, and it was edited into the movie maybe?
Attached Thumbnails 1st Gen appearence in a Movie-one-arm-bandit.jpg  

Quick Reply: 1st Gen appearence in a Movie