1st Gen All Products Sell all of your 1st gen products here. This includes trucks, parts, accessories etc.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Truck For Sale Don't buy anything from DodgeFreak

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 11:59 AM

Received 86 Likes on 70 Posts
Don't buy anything from DodgeFreak

Heads up on some trashed nozzles floating around -

1stGen.org ? Login

I bought these, and the seller shipped them directly to DDP at my request.

I get why DodgeFreak said “can’t send you (current) pictures as his phone doesn’t take good ones”

DDP called me, saying they were pretty pitted, and rusted right in the box they received.

I sent all this info to DodgeFreak, but he replied he would need proof.

So I had Brian at DDP waste time taking detailed pictures, and included DodgeFreak on that first email with pics from DDP.

Zero response, no refund, nothing.

So I opened a PayPal refund claim, and let DodgeFreak know this was only because he wasn't going by the honor system, especially after the proof he demanded.

Got a reply from DodgeFreak saying "his friends say to fight the PayPal claim I made”.

These days, he says he got mad that he “wasn’t given a chance to refund me” - doesn’t hold water, as ignorance or being mad is no excuse to avoid doing the right thing.

Conclusion - I never saw the nozzles. Shipping was directly between DDP & DodgeFreak, both incoming & the return.

Been a series of half truths & avoidances.

Seller & buyer can argue whether the nozzles were in good shape or not, but I found DDPs proof conclusive. At no point was I ever asked to buy new nozzles or injectors from them.

These trashed nozzles are still up for sale, ready to be shipped to the next trusting buyer.

I have copied DDP's email below, as well as the pictures - DodgeFreak has the email as well as the pictures, from Day 1.

When I spoke to Brian at DDP, he mentioned they were pretty corroded/rusted, no way the seller didn't know the condition.

"Hi Chip,

Ok see attached images from the inside of the nozzles. As I mentioned over the phone based off of these findings we would not recommend these be installed back in a vehicle. They would likely work but would have excessive smoke, possibly higher EGT, hazy idle, & harder starts.

I could run them through my ultrasonic cleaner but it definitely won’t clean all this up to the point I’d feel comfortable running them.

Please let me know what the plan is for these nozzles and we will go from there.

Thanks!!!

Brian Bailey
Injector & Fuel System Sales
Dynomite Diesel Products
11445 N Reed Rd
Hayden, ID 83835
P: 208.209.3214
F: 208.209.3224"

If you're not a 1stgen.org member, I have posted a screenshot below.

The ad was placed last year, and the nozzles were apparently bought from another member 2 years back (it was already stored for 2 years prior to that).

Not sure how old the below pic is, but it's definitely not the nozzles DDP received & returned.

This custom rusted junk is still up for sale on other forums.

Last edited by ofelas; 08-02-2016 at 07:15 AM. Reason: added original 'for sale' posting
Old 08-23-2016, 08:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here is my side, I told him everything I knew about them. I told him I had not personally ran them, and that I was going off what Snoot had told me. I even goofed up and told him Snoot said they flowed 55lpm I found out he told me the flowed less that what I had stated. I told him if he didn't want them still I would send the money back since I messed up on what the flowed and he specifically asked for 55lpm injectors no word and He sent the paypal money. He then told me to fill out the paper work for DDP to inspect. I did that and sent it out.

He then told me he couldn't find bodies for the nozzles and wanted me to give him injectors so he could get them set up. I told them I'd sell him a set for 50 bucks and if they didn't work out he could send them back and I'd send the money back. He goes on and on about how he likes to deal with people direct and honest.

When he found out it the nozzles were bad he sent me an email at 10:26 the next day at around 830-9 in the morning I get an email stating a case as been opened as not described and wanting a refund. I did not get any proof between the time he told me they was bad and when he filed a claim. I work evening from 3pm- 1 am and am in bed until 10 am the next morning. I told him then I wanted proof. He did not talk to me one bit about how we could work it out. which after the whole thing about dealing with fair and honest people and asking what he could do to help out he opens a claim before I could respond and frankly ****** me off. which is exactly what I told him. I wanted to deal with him directly between him and I just like any other deal I have dealt with, but instead he opened a claim before talking to me.

So I did what he said I told him I would fight it out, I lost which I really didn't care about anyways, I problem let my anger get to me but It is what it is. Honestly if no one wants to buy anything from me just because you will take his word over mine that's fine. I've given people stuff, and I've sold people stuff and I haven't had this poor of a transaction EVER, if there was ever a problem they pm'd me and talked to me FIRST before opening a claim and vise versa. They gave me a chance to work it out which he didn't even do. I responded as fast as I could given the time frame and dealing with 2 kids a new born working evenings. I never once avoided him except his last email because the claim had been filed and I was dealing with it through paypal.

They might still be listed but they are long gone because I trashed them. Like I said if no one wants to buy anything from me because of him that's fine. I have every email and pm from this transaction if anyone would like to see them. I've dealt with several 1stgen.org members with out issues and they are the only ones I care about dealing with anymore so take it how ever you want.
The following users liked this post:
Akramc (11-30-2016)
Old 09-05-2016, 08:21 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Never had a problem with a seller on here or the other big forum. The problem I have is the buyers. A lot of buyers are flakes, and not real. Couple of them screwed me after the fact. Be careful.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:59 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Ice bought hundreds of parts off eBay
Thousands of items off Amazon
A few things from craigslist.

Anyone buying parts from an individual person takes risks in getting bad parts. Wheter intentional or unintentional by the seller. Unless the seller has a magnifying aparatus to view the inside of new, unused parts, it would be normal to assume that he is judging the condition of the items by eye. Again, the hazards of looking for a deal buying parts passed on by an individual. I agree that buyers need to avoid assuming perfection when following this route of purchase.

The obligation of the seller is to be as forthright as possible of the knowledge they possess.

Does badmouthing them help or hurt ?

Don't know, but it makes all look bad in the interim.