1st Gen All Products Sell all of your 1st gen products here. This includes trucks, parts, accessories etc.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Truck For Sale Crew Cab Dually 4x4 in OK

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 07:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crew Cab Dually 4x4 in OK

I never thought about doing this, but my plans have changed in many ways, and not just with vehicles. That said, I'm offering my project up for sale. It's a Frankenstein, but honestly, they're all a conglomerate of parts by necessity. So here's the low down:

Truck
1984 D350 single wheel crew cab longbed (a few minor holes in the front floorboards, otherwise no rust through)
1978 D300 dually sheetmetal (except cab and rear doors)
1993 W350 intercooled Cummins dually 4x4 drivetrain (NV4500, 3.54s, heavy duty steering)

Parts
New front driveshaft
New Valair flywheel (PN 3433, dual drilled for 12 1/4" and 13" clutches, roller pilot bearing)
New Valair clutch (PN NMU70279-21, 13" diameter, 1 3/8" input, rated for 350 hp/800 lb-ft)
New ARP flywheel bolts (PN 147-2802)
New Advance Adapters bellhousing kit (PN 712584)
New 1 3/8" NV4500 input shaft
New NV4500 (zero miles, upgraded mainshaft with fifth gear fix, cast iron tail housing, includes shifter and two gallons of correct lube)
New upper and lower transmission bushings
New Borgeson steering shaft
Full set of custom made Auto Meter gauges (GPS speedo included)
NOS M880 74-76 grille
NOS M880 front bumper
Extra NP205 transfer case (29 spline adapter included)
Rust free 79-80 four headilght core support
Two sets of 79-80 four headlight buckets
One driver quality 79-80 dual headlight grille
One driver quality 74-76 grille
One below average rear non-step bumper
Several metal and plastic dash instrument supports
Several dash instrument bezels
Several pairs of front door panels
Two pairs of rear door panels
One pair of 81-85 crew cab rear doors (rust free, speaker holes cut out in lower panel)
One auxiliary tank setup
One under bed toolbox sheetmetal cutout and door
One under bed toolbox insert
One set of under bed toolbox wide lower aluminum exterior trim
Multiple pieces of wide lower aluminum exterior trim
One set of rear cab stainless exterior trim
Several sets of chrome tail light trim
One 85 tilt steering column
Two four-spoke sport steering wheels

It runs and lot drives, but it needs a rear driveshaft. It will come with a carrier bearing. Like I said, it's a project, but it's not that far from being done. The only rust through I've found are very small holes in the floors, nothing else, not even the roof. The rust shown on the sides is just from the previous owner of the 78 grinding off the nubs for the trim tabs. All of the hard stuff like the drivetrain and 4x4 swap is finished. It also has the heavy duty steering that rotates the steering box so that the drag link runs parallel to the frame, not across it. This greatly reduces flex and cracking of the frame horns. The flywheel, flywheel bolts, clutch, bellhousing, transmission, and input shaft are all brand new, zero mile parts. I have copies of my invoices for the transmission, clutch, and flywheel available if you'd like so you'll know they're new. A quick look under the truck will confirm it, too. The front driveshaft is brand new and only has a few dozen miles on it. The gauges were custom made for me by Auto Meter, so I highly doubt there's another set like them out there. The speedometer is a GPS unit, so you don't have to adapt it to the transfer case or transmission, plus you'll never have to calibrate it for gears or tires. I have attached a pic of the dash layout I was shooting for. With the exception of what's on the extra rear doors, all of the exterior trim I have is from 75-80 models. As far as extra parts, honestly, I have a lot of very hard to find things, and I have a lot of stuff, so I might have missed something.

$9500

The hard work is already done, it has some choice brand new parts, and it comes with a lot of hard to find parts, too. It's not that far from being done, but I'm not going to be able to finish it. Everything is in Oklahoma, though not in the same place as of now. I could get the truck delivered to where all of the parts are. You're going to need a trailer for both the truck and the parts. More pics are available by request, but please be serious. No pic collectors or tire kickers, please.

Contact me either by text at 580-three seven four-85 zero four or email at cumminsduallycrew @ live.com
Attached Thumbnails Crew Cab Dually 4x4 in OK-bignasty1.jpg   Crew Cab Dually 4x4 in OK-bignasty2.jpg   Crew Cab Dually 4x4 in OK-bignasty3.jpg   Crew Cab Dually 4x4 in OK-bignasty4.jpg   Crew Cab Dually 4x4 in OK-bignasty5.jpg  

Crew Cab Dually 4x4 in OK-bignasty6.jpg  
Old 11-30-2017, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm moving this back to the top because this forum keeps marking it as sold. I still have it, but I have a few people interested in it.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:02 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts
Cool project. If I were to build a crew cab it would be this build!