12 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Talk about the 12V engine and drivetrain here. This is for 1994-1998.5 engine and drivetrain discussion only.

Getting ready to install HG, What do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Horsepower will climb because it is a relation of torque and engine speed since your torque plateaued and actually DECREASED, which I predicted, and engine speed increased faster than the torque decreased, that would give you an increase in horsepower overall. I wont argue with that. However if you were completely fueled at 3200 your torque would be higher and in turn your hp would be significantly higher due to the increase in torque AND engine speed. As you said earlier, tbarbee turns 4400 rpms BUT he also states IT DEFUELS ONCE YOU REACH THE GSK RATED RPM. Maybe he could shed some light by sharing the trend in his torque curve from 2300-2800+. This supports my initial statement of a decrease in power once you reach the govenor rating and your decrease in torque proves it! With a 4k gsk yor torque curve would still be increasing way past the peak of a 3k gsk which = MORE POWER. What was your peak torque engine speed anyway? Back to my initial statement that started this whole thing, I said you would have more power from 3200-3500 rpms with a 4k gsk than you would with a 3k gsk. There is no evidence proving me wrong but there is plenty of evidence supporting my theory. You should quit while im ahead and maybe queston your own intellectual abilities. Put that one in your sippie and suck it.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:38 PM

Lot of good advice here. as for the scotchbrite for the gasket romoval, make sure NONE gets into the engine it will damage everthing in the oil system. Get an engine crain or A frame this baby is HEAVY , leave the exhaust manifold on, lay the turbo back, n take your time.
tommy
Old 11-14-2007, 04:08 PM

thewished,

Sorry about the high jack. Make up your own mind about further mods, I was only responding to your original post and got sidetracked because of bogus info. As a retired helo pilot I wish you the greatest success. It is definitely the most fun you can have with your pants on!

Amost forgot, my home town is just over the mountain from you. Dallas