#100 plate grind - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

12 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Talk about the 12V engine and drivetrain here. This is for 1994-1998.5 engine and drivetrain discussion only.

#100 plate grind

Old 10-03-2005, 12:24 AM   #1  

#100 plate grind

I have searched for dimensions on a #100 plate grind. I have found pictures of the plate. But nothing related to measument. Does anyone have rough numbers on how much to take off of a stock plate to get to a #100?? Where do you want your governor arm to hit on a #100 plate?

And I am running a #8 plate completely forward now. How will a #100 plate compare completely back, middle, or completely forward to my current #8 plate?

Thanks a bunch...!!!

Dave
West Coast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 08:20 AM   #2  

PM Northslope

and help a fellow DTR member. But if you must, look up the thread started by gunracer1, on how to grind your own plate. the best thing to do is grind a J curve, but i got mine from northslope, ill put pics in the gallery later..

In comparison to your current plate. HOLD ON NELLY!! :-o!! That 100 is a very aggressive plate in full forward mode, it is totally useable and streetable tho, except your egts climb up there very high, and your stock clutch will not hold it. I know i have a 100 plate that i removed for that very reason. I dont want to risk transmission work, nor a clutch as of yet. if i was gonna run a 100 daily and hard, just for insurance id get a very good clutch and an input shaft Dont let me discourage you from it, if ud like try it, i did and i loved it... The 100 has no defueling after a certain rpm so your smoke and egts climb rapidly but ur truck will run really hard. With yours as well you might or might not need delivery valves, I know if you get 370s (injectors) taht you will to avoid the stutters it has..

Best of luck and glad ur enjoyin the ram dave.

Tx
TxDiesel007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 07:11 PM   #3  
Banned

Ya know the beauty of a 12 valve is you can have'er BOMBED and still drive it like a 79 vw diesel rabbit all the while controlling it with your right foot!

ps thanks again TX!!!!!!!
northslope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:37 PM   #4  

Theres the man right above^^^^ Hey Northslope check the sig. It runs good now that I got the clutch in. I have the Gov arm set to hit right at the tip. It dosent go under. Sound good? I think if I find time, Im gonna slide it forward some this weekend. I came off of a #5 plate, which was pretty aggressive, and I think I have more top end power now.
Dshiftff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 10:03 PM   #5  
Banned

Glad the plate is workin out for you and you will probably go more if not full forward just a matter of finding that sweet spot
northslope is offline   Reply With Quote