Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

TCS Performance torque converter..anyone have experience with them??

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 12:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
TCS Performance torque converter..anyone have experience with them??

http://www.tcsperformance.com/cummins/

Ok folks....don't show your "ADD" by mentioning your ATS or DTT. I'm just curious if anyone here has used THIS converter or has any knowledge of THIS company.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep
Their great! Contact PDR and talk to them as they use TCS in their transmisions
I know of a couple of 650+HP trucks running their triples
Old 03-01-2006, 01:17 AM

Yeah, I have one. I got it about a year ago. They used to supply DTT. you can call them and say you want a 89, or 91, or 93. My 91 is pretty tight. I am happy with it. It had a really bad slipping stock converter, put the one I have in it, and a transgo shift kit in it. Here are the comparisons, very tight compared to stock, Even though the lockup clutch isn't that big, it is very strong. I don't know how much power I have, but it would destroy a stock TC. The last time I looked at it, the website is a little confusing, but as soon as you call them on the phone, they will straighten it out. I couldn't do it at the time, so I had my fiance order it. All you need to know is what you want, and from your sig, it looks like either a 89 or 91. If you are more concerned about highway towing, 91. If you are concerned about around town towing, 89. Hope This helps. If you need more info on building your trans up on the cheap, let me know.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wasn't aware of the fact that they make these right down the road from me (Lake Havasu) until seeing thier ad in the Diesel Power magazine. I still haven't ordered any parts for my "spare" trans since experiencing rpm flare pulling the trailer over to Phoenix new years day. I really need to get on it, but I've been slammed at work the last couple months. I may give them a call and see what they have to say. Thanks for the info!!
Old 03-01-2006, 10:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ratsun
Yep
Their great! Contact PDR and talk to them as they use TCS in their transmisions
I know of a couple of 650+HP trucks running their triples
I thought PDR was using Dunrite?
Old 03-01-2006, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by smoke_pedal
Yeah, I have one. I got it about a year ago. They used to supply DTT. you can call them and say you want a 89, or 91, or 93. My 91 is pretty tight. I am happy with it. It had a really bad slipping stock converter, put the one I have in it, and a transgo shift kit in it. Here are the comparisons, very tight compared to stock, Even though the lockup clutch isn't that big, it is very strong. I don't know how much power I have, but it would destroy a stock TC. The last time I looked at it, the website is a little confusing, but as soon as you call them on the phone, they will straighten it out. I couldn't do it at the time, so I had my fiance order it. All you need to know is what you want, and from your sig, it looks like either a 89 or 91. If you are more concerned about highway towing, 91. If you are concerned about around town towing, 89. Hope This helps. If you need more info on building your trans up on the cheap, let me know.
Thats what I'm doing...trying to build my trans for cheap. Does anyone have a price on one of their triple disks? I'm was leaning towards a coverter that a guy on here builds, but he hasn't returned my PM yet.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:45 AM

PM Me if you want some secrets to building a mean transmission. I did mine on the cheap. Next time I am going to do billet shafts, and red clutches, and kolene steels. Other than that, I wouldn't do anything different.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Rhino
I thought PDR was using Dunrite?

Perhaps they use both?
Harry said the one in Piers truck was a new triple lock TCS so.......?
Old 03-02-2006, 08:56 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by J BODY
http://www.tcsperformance.com/cummins/

Ok folks....don't show your "ADD" by mentioning your ATS or DTT. I'm just curious if anyone here has used THIS converter or has any knowledge of THIS company.
I'm running the 89% not the 89H. Steve is a great guy to deal with IMHO..

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/pics/showphoto.php
photo=9001&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=2

This converter is holding my mods no problem. The only thing you might have an issue with is the lock up. These converter's fluid coupling is tight, some trucks will have an issue with the lock up being lazy. Depending which VB you run will make some difference. I'm not saying this problem will happen to you, but it is a possiblility. Just giving you a heads up.

I had an issue with the lock up, but thanks to Dave Goerend, hence my thread here https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...729#post920729 the problem is fixed.

Other than that one small issue I love this converter. Just to make it clear, the tight fluid coupling had a side effect, but the cure is in the VB. So it's not a bad reflection on the TC.

PM me with any other questions, I will be more than happy to help.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:01 AM
Banned

The LU clutch wont hold in high HP Buicks(600+rwhp)Itll walk right thru the lockup at WOT.I sold my TCS convertor and put in a Precision multi disc so I can lock at WOT.

Plus the owner of TCS(Rusty) will tell you to Edit(serious)Do a search on www.turbobuick.com
Old 03-02-2006, 09:06 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by cmnscrzy
The LU clutch wont hold in high HP Buicks(600+rwhp)Itll walk right thru the lockup at WOT.I sold my TCS convertor and put in a Precision multi disc so I can lock at WOT.

Plus the owner of TCS(Rusty) will tell you to Edit(serious)Do a search on www.turbobuick.com
You would be wise to clean up your post.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:11 AM
Banned

Its the truth.I thought since hes about to drop alot of $$$,he should know what kind of service he will be getting.

He told one of his top vendors that Buick guys were cheap and could Edit if they didnt like the convertor he built.Thats a darn near word for word quote from Rusty at TCS.

ANd we wint even talk about the out of round convertors he put out that cost a ton of people there transmissions then he wouldnt stand behing his convertor.

Like I said,do a search.Lotta good and some bad.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:21 AM
Chapter President

You obviously don't get it. I was just saying this is a family site!!!! Why don't you understand that?
Old 03-02-2006, 09:31 AM
Banned

Family or no,dont you think everyone should be aware of how they will be treated?What sense would it make to tell him this in private and let the next guy suffer.Simple,it wouldnt.

DO YOU GET THAT?????????Im also repeating what the owner of TCS has already expressed.Free speech takes the good with the bad for the greater good of man kind.Same should apply here.

Edited by Admin, Please make your self aware of the site rules you agreed to when you signed up here.

"You agree, through your use of the DieselTruckResource.Com forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, racially based or biased, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law. Legal actions can be taken against you. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you and you show proof of ownership or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material and you can show proof of consent. In addition, for the use of this forum, profane posts should be considered those completely spelled words, or partially spelled words with use of keyboard symbols that suggest a profane meaning. We repeat, profane posts will absolutely not be tolerated on this website and its forums."
Old 03-02-2006, 09:44 AM
Chapter President

What you seem to not understand is that this site has rules and you are not following the rules. I was just trying to offer some friendly advice to you before the moderators saw your post, that's all.

What I get is this, There is the right way and there is a wrong way to post on an open forum.

You can simply make your post with out the colorful language and abide by the rules you agreed to when you signed up. Simple! is it not???

I'm not a mod, so I'll leave at that.

Quick Reply: TCS Performance torque converter..anyone have experience with them??