Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

edge or quadzilla

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
edge or quadzilla

Im about to buy either a juice with attitude or the adrenilne with pulse. I dont know much about either one. I read that you need other upgrades to run the pulse where it should be and i dont really plan on doing this anytime soon so should I go with the juice? The only upgrade i plan on making in the near future is maybe a set of RV 275s and a clutch due to necessity cause i figure the juice will prob melt it pretty quick. Any suggestions? Thanks for all the help, Coop
Old 09-11-2009, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Coop
Im about to buy either a juice with attitude or the adrenilne with pulse. I dont know much about either one. I read that you need other upgrades to run the pulse where it should be and i dont really plan on doing this anytime soon so should I go with the juice? The only upgrade i plan on making in the near future is maybe a set of RV 275s and a clutch due to necessity cause i figure the juice will prob melt it pretty quick. Any suggestions? Thanks for all the help, Coop
what other upgrades did you see that is needed for pulse?
Old 09-12-2009, 01:19 PM

i dont really know. It was a dtr member that had his pulse for sell in the classifieds and said that he didn't have the proper mods so he was switching. From what i understand the pulse offers higher power but has higher egts which i figure comes from more fuel. With my stock turbo and injectors i thought it may not be a good idea to get the pulse. I could be completely wrong about this.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:03 PM

My guess is the necessary upgrade that you are talking about would be adding a FASS or Airdog prior to adding an Edge or Adrenaline. You need to have a good fuel supply before you increase power or you will be on borrowed time with your VP44. Eric
Old 09-14-2009, 01:07 PM

Definetlt need an upgraded lift pump. I put an edge on recently and can't even enjoy it cause the lp can't keep up...
Old 09-14-2009, 02:58 PM

Good to know. I have an upgraded pump as both my lift pump and VP failed last year. One leading to another, lesson learned the hard way. I know have a low pressure warning light and a new VP so hopefully I have taken care of that. Does the adrenaline generally lead to higher EGTs or is this also a rumor. Thanks for all the help guys. I know this stuff has been discussed before i just want to be sure before I make a purchase.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:05 PM

By the way, my low pressure warning comes on at 5 psi. Is this high enough?
Old 09-14-2009, 03:22 PM

If you get the quad box you can run on level two, it is like a 60ish hp level, the pulse can monitor fuel pressure and egt etc. I am going to get it as soon as I pay off some bills. Your truck is similar to mine and they tell me it will make it much more fun to drive. I found an adr w/pulse for 551.00 online free shipping. I do think the fuel pressure sending unit is extra.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:17 AM

I love my Edge J/A. Granted I have not "experienced" it because I did not tap the VP44 but the added power is great when towing, EGT's don't get above the 900's, it's cake to install, and the Attitude monitor shows everything.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:23 AM
JIT

If you arent looking to squeeze every last drop of power out of your truck then go with the Edge... its much more reliable.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:01 PM

Ya, ive pretty much decided to go with the edge now. Its just got too much of a reputation it seems like. I didnt know you had to tap the pump to get the power you want though. How much more power do you get approx if you tap it. Im pretty sure the pump I have has already been tapped at one point. When my old one went out I bout a used one from a guy on DTR and he didnt say it had been tapped but when I got it, it had a wire tap on one of the wires so I assumed he had it tapped in the past. But ive been using it for like 6 months now and its been goin good. You think if its already been tapped and hasnt messed up yet it would be ok to tap again haha?
Old 09-19-2009, 05:50 PM

i would say tap it, you will have way more fun and its not like it has a warranty that you have to worry about voiding.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:09 AM

From what I understand, the low pressure warning light is too low. I have one too. 5 psi is below the minimum acceptable pressure.

The only true and safe way to monitor pressure is with a gauge or monitor of some sort. I'm looking at buying the Edge Juice this coming week