NCDTR #18 Forum for the North Carolina chapter #18

Timeslips!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah tell me about it
Old 06-01-2008, 11:12 PM

sure has shakin....sorry to take your thread but im done arguing! Once again nice runs!
Old 06-02-2008, 07:26 AM
Chapter President

Sorry Nate and Monstrig for the thread derail. Great runs, hopefully I can make it down sometime this summer to run with ya'll.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Banned

Have you got a title for that muskrat? That might make it worth our time. Since we run our mouths WWWWAAAAYYYYY too much.

END OF THREAD

CRIS
Old 06-03-2008, 10:52 PM

yes as a matter of fact i do...make sure you bring yours as well!!! I could use another dodge in my stable! But to make things fair...the mid 12's is with out the blue bottle....just so you know
Old 06-04-2008, 10:30 AM

tell you what you come to nc,bring your mudstain on a trailer.il hook up to the trailer tow you to the track give you the light and put lenghts on your mid 12 sec car.then if you want i can turn my bottle on and well i think you will be diisgusted after the first run...
Old 06-04-2008, 10:50 AM

I would just like to go on the record as saying that not all Texans are as lost as dropped. The Texas tracks I run at bud dont start your time till you leave the lights. So if I red light on the first amber does that give me a faster time? If so Ill be in the 12's this weekend!!!!!

Nice numbers man what kind of boost were you leaving at? I think with a good launch you should break into the 13's for sure!
Old 06-04-2008, 01:24 PM

Dang, what a pitiful thread now.

Since the cats out of the bag here.

A man would have stepped up to the plate and admitted they were wrong.

An semi intelligent adult would have at least researched what they were talking about and then shut the heck up once educated. Maybe even disappear to sulk.

A child comes back and throws gas on the fire trying to put it out.

And then there are those incredible individuals who will never get it and shouldn't even be trusted with a potato gun. We quite commonly see video of these types of individuals on Country Fried Home Video.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by dropped2500
yes as a matter of fact i do...make sure you bring yours as well!!! I could use another dodge in my stable! But to make things fair...the mid 12's is with out the blue bottle....just so you know
Dude, Do you think your comment about a blue bottle scares anyone, seriously? Bring your car and your bottle to NC and show us beginners how to lay the smake down on the 1320 Texas style. I knew you were a bad to the bone racer after I read that you whopped up on EVO with you're 15 second 6-speed. https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=190383

In my opinion, it would have been a whole lot easier to just admit that you were wrong. I guess your pride is too big for that? Now, your fellow Texans are throwing the towl in on you...

If it were me. I would just reply back with:

I'm was wrong about the lights and apologize for the BS comments I made to Banshee. It would be all good after that.

I suspect you won't, but I welcome you to prove me wrong.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by RunninLean
I would just like to go on the record as saying that not all Texans are as lost as dropped. The Texas tracks I run at bud dont start your time till you leave the lights. So if I red light on the first amber does that give me a faster time? If so Ill be in the 12's this weekend!!!!!

Nice numbers man what kind of boost were you leaving at? I think with a good launch you should break into the 13's for sure!
RunninLean, I know that for a fact! Every Texan I've met at diesel events around the country have been real fun and know their drag racing.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:52 PM

Yes i did do some research and i was wrong about it. But what happened to all those that said if i had a title you would come to texas? As for you runninlean i have proof that if you red light on the first amber you will have a faster time. Friday night i was runnin 12.8's all night and when i red lighted with a .466 rt i ran a 12.5? Hmmmm...wonder how. So that guys is what lead me to believe the tree had everything to do with your time! As for the EVO run...maybe the guy didnt know how to drive...who knows, i was there i know. that is one thing i do admit is a loss! Sorry for all the fuss fellas but explain the whole red light deal!!!!

[QUOTE=RunninLean;2105159]I would just like to go on the record as saying that not all Texans are as lost as dropped. The Texas tracks I run at bud dont start your time till you leave the lights. So if I red light on the first amber does that give me a faster time? If so Ill be in the 12's this weekend!!!!!
Old 06-04-2008, 11:05 PM
Chapter President

dropped2500, not sure on the red light issue?

Thanks for the apology. We're all here to have a good time and talking a little junk is part of it, no hard feeling on my part. I love racing just like you do, so good luck with your mustang.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:21 PM

yea i hear ya mike...but do you see what i mean? I will try and get pics of the timeslips but in all honesty the rt was .466 which i barely red light and i ran a 12.6? Wouldnt you think the rt made a difference with that in mind?
Old 06-05-2008, 05:38 AM

perhaps you were in a sweeter spot in the take off area for your truck..
Old 06-05-2008, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by dropped2500
yea i hear ya mike...but do you see what i mean? I will try and get pics of the timeslips but in all honesty the rt was .466 which i barely red light and i ran a 12.6? Wouldnt you think the rt made a difference with that in mind?
dropped again, it has no effect on the et. If you redlight, your clock still starts and stops at the same points. trust me on this.

There are many things that could have been different on your runs. The main one being how deep you staged. The more shallow you stage, the better et you will have. This is because you get more of a "running start" before the timer starts. It shouldn't be as drastic as your examples, but other things could have happened as well. I could go on forever.

Most folks that go to the track really have no idea how a run is broken down and what all factors into it. This is especially tru when trying to explain the bracket racing to someone.