MSDTR #31 Forum for the Mississippi chapter #31

Meet, Greet, & Wrench Meeting in Hernando, MS

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 10:53 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meet, Greet, & Wrench Meeting in Hernando, MS

Well, Ben has his hat full these days, so he's so far been unable to do much on my old truck. He made the suggestion we hold a meeting again to light a fire under his @ss and help him and me get things rolling again finally!!!

It will have to be in the next couple weeks b4 I go back to work on the boat. He's supposed to get up with me on what a good day would be. As soon as he does, I'll post up here and see how many will commit to show up.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:44 PM

Where is hernando? I could try to make it if I'm not out of town.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:13 PM
Chapter President

About 15mi. south of Memphis, TN. Be glad to have yah!!!
Old 07-26-2008, 11:32 PM

HMMMMMMMMMa bit of a drive but I got family in columbia I could maybe run up and see.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Chapter President

Well, I've been unable to get 1stGen aka. "Ben" to give me a date in which we can do this, and I have to go back to the boat in a few more days, so I don't know what gonna happen with the truck rite now. I have to run a 45day hitch this time out, so maybe/hopefully thats enough time for him and maybe Dmax to get some work done. I'll try to get a day off from the boat while in Memphis to run down to Hernando and help out also!!!!
Old 08-05-2008, 09:59 PM

You cant get him out of the recliner long enough to do much of anything except get another bag of chips and a coke.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:31 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by DmaxEter
You cant get him out of the recliner long enough to do much of anything except get another bag of chips and a coke.

Thats so funny, it just might be true!!!
Old 11-24-2008, 09:45 PM

Bump!

Old topic, but I figured I'd resurrect it anyhow.

Ben & the crew eventually got Streetsmoker's truck back on the road - but it looks like we never did do this "Meet, Greet, and Wrench Meeting". Not any kind of Official meeting anyhow.

So, I figure we ought to try again.
I plan on leaving Colorado sometime next week and moseying back down to Memphis. I figure I ought to be there before Dec. 5th if I don't get stuck in a detour to Moab this weekend.

Anybody here know how to twist a wrench? Or lift a beer?

If nobody else has any "projects", there is *always* something to be done on my truck. Heck, I could even come up with a mulitple-choice list for a wrench day. LOL

Old 11-29-2008, 01:11 AM
Chapter President

Yeh, it would be great to get things rolling again with the club. I met a guy on the freeway this morning on the way to work on the boat, kinda how me and Patric aka DmaxEtr met. Only this guy had a '03 Power Joke. He had alot of work done to it, but still no match for a real diesel!!! Not bad for what it was, and the most serious diesel competition I've met on the road in a long long time. Lives in Olive Branch, and says he pulls at the farm all the time.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:43 AM

I'm up for a meet, just let me know when and where. Seems like we're kinda dwindling a little bit, I hate that. Rocktoy has been asking when we're gonna do something so I'm sure he would attend. Glad to see the Ol' girl is still running strong Street. By the way, Dmax kinda had a little accident bout a month ago, didn't know if you guys knew or not. He is supposed to be cleared to come back to work Dec. 1st, so it looks like everything is gonna be o.k. for him.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:18 PM

Yeah, I am good to go now. I go for my last doctor visit the 1st and I will be back at work the 2nd. I cant wait! Its been a long month!
Old 11-30-2008, 02:37 PM
Chapter President

Dang!!! When did that happen? At work or home? Musta been just after the last time I bs'd with you at lunch that day?

I get off the boat on the 23rd, and will be looking to do something soon after Christmas, or maybe a big blowout on New Year's. If the XJ don't sell, I might head over to Superlift to do some wheeling.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:10 PM

Nothing big, got burnt at my house. It was no big deal really but I just burnt my hand and its hard to turn wrenches when you only got one hand. Had to wait on it to heal up.

Why you selling the Jeep?
Old 01-26-2009, 08:50 PM

Hernando is just a few minuted from Southaven, I wen to school there for a few years. Is this a pretty active chapter over here at DTR? How many members?
Old 01-27-2009, 10:41 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by bkjeffrey
Hernando is just a few minuted from Southaven, I wen to school there for a few years. Is this a pretty active chapter over here at DTR? How many members?
We use to be real active. But a few of our members have either sold off their rigs, moved away, lost jobs, or simply lost interest. Right now, there is basically 4regular, all original members still active and communicate regularly. Me, DmaxEter, 1stGen, and ProspectorTim.

Quick Reply: Meet, Greet, & Wrench Meeting in Hernando, MS