3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Road Armor Bumpers

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Road Armor Bumpers

If you gottem lets see'em!!
Old 03-04-2008, 12:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Only ever seen one TX truck with them installed. He lives in Dallas but got banned from this site!

They are expensive and unless painted to match.... a bit gaudy, IMHO!

RJ
Old 03-04-2008, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by RowJ
a bit gaudy, IMHO!

RJ
I agree totally. That's the main reason I bought a TDK bumper. Fits and looks way better even on my short box. http://throttledownkustoms.com/bumper-standard-dodge/

Old 03-04-2008, 03:26 PM
EDR

For Sale In Vegas

Not sure if anyone's interested, but a guy has one for sale up here in Vegas/Henderson. It's a 2006 bumper for the 3500, it's 6 months old and he's asking $1000. Here's the link: Road Armour on Craigslist
Old 03-04-2008, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by staarma
I agree totally. That's the main reason I bought a TDK bumper. Fits and looks way better even on my short box. http://throttledownkustoms.com/bumper-standard-dodge/

to each their own, but imo the road armor looks like it fits better, and is made beefier with more steel, which will protect the front of your truck, which is why you would upgrade to an aftermarket winch bumper in the first place. the only other bumper i would consider is the fab fours, but their fronts go for around $2000- btw, you can also get a road armor for hundreds less than the price listed for the tdk.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:25 PM

I like gawdy! :-)

Old 03-04-2008, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by chipmonk
to each their own, but imo the road armor looks like it fits better, and is made beefier with more steel, which will protect the front of your truck, which is why you would upgrade to an aftermarket winch bumper in the first place. the only other bumper i would consider is the fab fours, but their fronts go for around $2000- btw, you can also get a road armor for hundreds less than the price listed for the tdk.
I paid $1740 for my bumper. Local guy to me and guaranteed to take multiple animal hits. Makes his own frame mounts out of 3/8's and the rest of the bumper is about 3/16's steel which is more than enough to take an animal strike. The road armor does not fit better and they do not use their own frame horns. Buddy has one. By the time I shipped one to me the price on the RA was more than what I paid. The RA is not thicker metal either. You need to get each in person and then make your decisions.

Go to their web site and look at the pics they are better than my phone.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bikinaz

I like the looks of the bumper with just the pre runner or baja bar like yours. I do not like the gawdy look of the titan guard though. In MT we have everything on the road from bears to moose to deer to elk to sheep to cattle on open range and anything in between. It takes seeing bumpers getting wadded up to know which ones work and which ones don't. We need the grill and fender guards on our bumpers up here. They aren't for looks.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:55 PM

Gwady is good!
Attached Thumbnails Road Armor Bumpers-qc1.jpg   Road Armor Bumpers-img_1049.jpg  
Old 03-04-2008, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bikinaz

mine is the base stealth winch bumper, but i REALLY like that pre-runner bar!
Old 03-04-2008, 06:30 PM

I have a set of front and rear Alien Patrol bumpers on order. They should get shipped any time now.

A/P are made by the guy that started Road Armour, but are pretty much 1/2 the cost...he claims the workmanship is at least as good.

Will take some pictures and post them if you are interested
Old 03-04-2008, 06:52 PM

My RA bumper shipped to me was less than half what you paid for the TDK. I wish i had the pre-runner bar. But it wouldnt be tuff to fab one up! I think it fits great, it just takes a little time to get everything perfect. The only thing that I dont like is it sticks out a little farther than I would like

Old 03-04-2008, 08:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know Road Armor bumper pics was the original thread request, but to help Starmas point of view; Road Armor, Alien Patrol, JJ Enterprises Bumpers are not as strong as TDK. I did an extensive research on this issue, and part of it was visiting some of the factories and ordering a few of the bumpers (Fabfour, Warn, TDK, Trailready). The factories/shops for the other bumpers are located near, in Oregon, Indio Cali, and Redding Cali.
IMO
FabFours and Trailready are as strong as TDKs.
Buckstop and Warn are a little heavy and perhaps stronger than Fabfour, TDK and Trailready do the mounting Brackets and...Reunell is by far stronger and heavier than the rest.

All of them will do the job, a "plow" will do best, but then there is the pesky esthetics issue and that, like it was said before "is in the eye of the beholder".

Did someone say Gaudy, bumper and pre-runner?

Old 03-04-2008, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by staarma
I like the looks of the bumper with just the pre runner or baja bar like yours. I do not like the gawdy look of the titan guard though. In MT we have everything on the road from bears to moose to deer to elk to sheep to cattle on open range and anything in between. It takes seeing bumpers getting wadded up to know which ones work and which ones don't. We need the grill and fender guards on our bumpers up here. They aren't for looks.
Yeah I hear ya. All we have to worry about out here are coyotes, javalina and if you go up north you need to watch out for elk. As a matter of fact I went up north in early December and counted 6 road killed elk on the side of the road in 1 day. I've seen deer on some dirt roads but not too many by the highways.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:30 PM

I really like the two with the pre-runners!!

Quick Reply: Road Armor Bumpers