1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Rain in Phoenix

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Received 562 Likes on 411 Posts
Originally Posted by Danderson
I've got a lot on the beach 180 miles south in the Colonet area,Baja Norte. I think it's plenty safe now,just the God awful northbound crossing at San Ysidro,Otay amd tecate is brutal. Even the sentry lane in SY can approach 50 minutes. The US needs to employ face recognition,thumbprints or iris scan to speed things up.
Man! 50 minutes at sentri blows. I have never spent more than 10 seconds at the sentri lane in Nogales. It was never as bad here as the news said it was, it made for good copy and attracted a lot of viewers, but that is the way entertainment is...Mark
Old 09-16-2014, 11:54 AM
Administrator

Angry Ya just gotta love/ hate these trucks

Well I love my truck because it always gets me where I'm going. I hate my truck because it has impeccable timing. So I'm driving over to my new house and 30 seconds into it, my wipers fail, again, in the worst rain I have seen in Mexico, again. There is water surging over the berm and passing directly through the buildings facing the beach. I'll post up a vid in a few minutes...Mark
Attached Thumbnails Rain in Phoenix-pinchi-wipers.jpg   Rain in Phoenix-lago-atras-2.jpg  
Old 09-16-2014, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Here is a vid of the normally calm bay...Mark

Here is one looking over the berm...

Here is water coming from a fishing business in Kino
Old 09-16-2014, 11:05 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow two hits phoenix and mehico, you came thru unscathed except for the wipers I hope .
Old 09-16-2014, 11:16 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by crazy clem
Wow two hits phoenix and mehico, you came thru unscathed except for the wipers I hope .
So far so good. Had a small amount of water in the boat house, but nothing serious. The drainage worked well, but I am afraid that much more rain may overwhelm it. I am cautiously optimistic that I dodged a canon ball. I feel real bad for the people around here that weren't so lucky, they certainly can't afford to lose anything. The sad part is that today is there 4th of July, not much to celebrate around here. I think that I have some wiper bushings in my tool box, I'll check tomorrow, thanks for your concern ...Mark
Old 09-17-2014, 07:56 AM

Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts
Glad you're making it okay through the weather. Hopefully the worst you'll have to deal with are a couple wiper bushings!

I watched our brook running over the top of the guard rail in front of the house a few years ago when Irene hit us, but I had plenty of dry ground to stand on . . . I'm glad I don't know what it is like to be any closer.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:24 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Alec
Glad you're making it okay through the weather. Hopefully the worst you'll have to deal with are a couple wiper bushings!

I watched our brook running over the top of the guard rail in front of the house a few years ago when Irene hit us, but I had plenty of dry ground to stand on . . . I'm glad I don't know what it is like to be any closer.
Thanks man. The storm actually impacted about 150 miles north of us near Rocky Point as a tropical storm. I am sure of one thing, that I will never try to ride out a hurricane, that is just silly, especially a direct hit...Mark
Old 09-17-2014, 11:45 AM

Received 262 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally Posted by maybe368
Thanks man. The storm actually impacted about 150 miles north of us near Rocky Point as a tropical storm. I am sure of one thing, that I will never try to ride out a hurricane, that is just silly, especially a direct hit...Mark
When we got hit by hurricane Charlie I was sleeping (it was about midnight or so), my wife woke me up and said "Steve!, there's a tree on the back pooch roof and screen room." I said, "Did it hit the house?" She says "no". So I said, "OK, it will still be there in the morning." Then I went back to sleep.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Angry Johnny
When we got hit by hurricane Charlie I was sleeping (it was about midnight or so), my wife woke me up and said "Steve!, there's a tree on the back pooch roof and screen room." I said, "Did it hit the house?" She says "no". So I said, "OK, it will still be there in the morning." Then I went back to sleep.
You my friend have some juevos grandes . They have opened an emergency shelter in the local elementary school. I just passed by it and it is full. It has now been raining for 3 straight days and I don't see any end in sight. Today we also have the wind because we are on the back side of it and I assume that all the air is moving into the low pressure above us. I feel really bad for the poor people here, there are only a few paved roads and everything looks like a giant pond. I would like to fix my wipers, but my boat is blocking one entrance to my boat house and a lake the other. I figure I'll just take another day off and hope the power stays on...Mark
Old 09-17-2014, 04:47 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by maybe368
I am sure of one thing, that I will never try to ride out a hurricane, that is just silly, especially a direct hit...Mark
If you are ready, riding one out isn't terrible, but when I first moved to Florida back in 1989, I had no idea the power of those things, and some Florida folks, being more than a bit nutty, have what they call Hurricane Parties. I had just moved there when Hugo came a callin, it looked like we were the point to get hit, I agreed to welcome it with a couple of idiot local friends.........

Lets just say God smiled on me when he steered it north. After I saw the pictures of Charleston, I realized just how dumb some human beings can be.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:44 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by patdaly
If you are ready, riding one out isn't terrible, but when I first moved to Florida back in 1989, I had no idea the power of those things, and some Florida folks, being more than a bit nutty, have what they call Hurricane Parties. I had just moved there when Hugo came a callin, it looked like we were the point to get hit, I agreed to welcome it with a couple of idiot local friends.........

Lets just say God smiled on me when he steered it north. After I saw the pictures of Charleston, I realized just how dumb some human beings can be.
Yeah, the closest thing that I have ever seen to a hurricane, including this one, was a freak storm that passed through Phoenix about 10 years ago. The winds in my neighborhood were measured at around a hundred mph. I was standing on my porch looking at the palm trees all bent over thinking that I had seen that before. I had, on tv when hurricanes pass through. It was scary, all the awnings and lawn furniture in the neighborhood was flying through the air. I was afraid to leave my porch, fear is good, it keeps you alive.
It has finally stopped raining here and I got my wipers fixed, so I won't be needing them for another 5 years or so. I can't wait for the onslaught
of mosquitoes that should be fun. The last time a major Hurricane passed through here was Marty in 2003. The low area that is behind the beach berm in Kino Nuevo was a lake that took 4 or five years to dry. This one will probably be a year or 2...Mark
Old 09-18-2014, 02:29 PM
Administrator

Well, like I said, stupid hurricanes

Let me introduce you to hurricane Polo, it is forming in the same spot as the last two, Norbert and Odile. There is no projected path yet, but I'd bet my hiney that I'll be seeing it soon . Here are some pics of the beach, there are quite a few houses that are much closer to the water than they were a couple of days ago. The amount of trash that the sea deposited on the beach is astounding. It is normally a 6 mile long, beautiful, white sand beach, that is regularly cleaned up. I want to say that there is everything but a toilet, but I can't Those stair cases used to go all the way to the sand, it looks like the storm removed 1.5 to 2 meters of sand...Mark
Attached Thumbnails Rain in Phoenix-kino-beach-damage-11.jpg   Rain in Phoenix-beach-toilet.jpg   Rain in Phoenix-kino-beach-damage-14.jpg   Rain in Phoenix-kino-beach-damage-2.jpg   Rain in Phoenix-kino-beach-damage-1.jpg  

Old 09-18-2014, 02:34 PM
Administrator

A few more pics. These houses are owned mostly by Americans and Canadians, although some are owned by Mexicans. I am sure that they are worried about their houses, but probably will not be here until it cools off in November...Mark
Attached Thumbnails Rain in Phoenix-kino-beach-damage-5.jpg   Rain in Phoenix-kino-beach-damage-6.jpg   Rain in Phoenix-kino-beach-damage-7.jpg   Rain in Phoenix-kino-beach-damage-8.jpg   Rain in Phoenix-kino-beach-damage-9.jpg  

Old 09-18-2014, 02:38 PM
Administrator

A few more. I'm sure that the owner of the kind of orange looking house wishes that they had built a sea wall ..Mark
Attached Thumbnails Rain in Phoenix-kino-beach-damage-12.jpg   Rain in Phoenix-kino-beach-damage-13.jpg   Rain in Phoenix-kino-beach-damage-18.jpg   Rain in Phoenix-kino-beach-damage-17.jpg   Rain in Phoenix-kino-beach-damage-16.jpg  

Old 09-18-2014, 02:39 PM
Administrator

Oh yeah, I forgot mister (miss?) Polo...Mark
Attached Thumbnails Rain in Phoenix-polo.jpg  

Quick Reply: Rain in Phoenix