Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*!*!*!BREAKROOM - 08/17 to 08/23!*!*!*

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 08:40 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Sean I am looking for a farm now I am going to sell my home and get more acreage because my powder magazines are over flowing Plus I want a pond and a HUGE shop to put all my stuff in

I am going to start spending some of my savings, my buddy the Undertaker informed me that my prepaid burial I did does NOT include a U-Haul behind the hearse for my money so I guess I can't take it with me after all
Old 08-20-2014, 09:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unstuck a pivot this morning. End tower snapped a drive joint and the murphy switches didn't kill the power unit on the pump when it sat there spinning the one tire that was still driving in til it was sitting on the frame. Got a tractor backed up to it, chained to the 3 pt hitch, started lifting, and the tractor started sliding downhill. Went and hooked the brush hog back up and tried doing some mowing. Got a good rain there, so it got an OK job instead of a good job.

I had .60 inch rain last night. Boss had enough that you could see where you drove this morning. Your tracks were dusty. 2 miles up the road.

JMartin,, Tallguy, whoever brought it up, I had to look up masochist, but no, I don't enjoy pain. It just goes with the job sometimes.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:19 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Bark
It started with loaning a dead beat brother in-law who flew down to visit for a few days a car... He neglected to tell us that he got a DWI awhile back and lost it... Insurance company's love that sort of thing. The good thing is since he now owes me around $2000 bucks, has gone back to Wasilla and is afraid to talk to me, we will probably never see him again.
Woulda been less aggravating to just give him the 2 grand to stay away. Too bad you didn't know this earlier. So that we may avoid a situation like this in the future, I'll tell you right up front that I plan on coming to live with you this winter, but for $4000 I won't come.

Originally Posted by Totallyrad
Looks like allot of house to clean, and you with a bum back, and leg, and hip, and arm, and head.....
I Was gonna offer to live with him and keep things in order, but he gave me 4 grand to stay away!

Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
... I had to look up masochist, but no, I don't enjoy pain.
The Metallica S&M Tour/Album, you never wondered what that 'S&M' stood for?

Mornin' all.

It is Thursday, August 21st.

1680 - The Pueblo Indians drove the Spanish out and took possession of Santa Fe, NM.

1831 - Nat Turner, a former slave, led a violent insurrection in Virginia. He was later executed.

1841 - A patent for venetian blinds was issued to John Hampton.

1878 - The American Bar Association was formed by a group of lawyers, judges and law professors in Saratoga, NY.

1888 - The adding machine was patented by William Burroughs.

1912 - Arthur R. Eldred became the first American boy to become an Eagle Scout. It is the highest rank in the Boy Scouts of America.

1923 - In Kalamazoo, Michigan, an ordinance was passed forbidding dancers from gazing into the eyes of their partner.

1943 - Japan evacuated the Aleutian island of Kiaska. Kiaska had been the last North American foothold held by the Japanese.

1945 - U.S. President Truman ended the Lend-Lease program that had shipped about $50 billion in aid to America's Allies during World War II.

1959 - Hawaii became the 50th state. U.S. President Eisenhower also issued the order for the 50 star flag.

1963 - In South Vietnam, martial law was declared. Army troops and police began to crackdown on the Buddhist anti-government protesters.

1989 - Voyager 2, a U.S. space probe, got close to the Neptune moon called Triton.

1993 - NASA lost contact with the Mars Observer spacecraft. The fate of the spacecraft was unknown. The mission cost $980 million.

1996 - The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 was signed by U.S. President Clinton. The act made it easier to obtain and keep health insurance.

1997 - Hudson Foods Inc. closed a plant in Nebraska after it had recalled 25 million pounds of ground beef that was potentially contaminated with E. coli 01557:H7. It was the largest food recall in U.S. history.

1997 - Afghanistan suspended its embassy operations in the United States.

Today's thought:
I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.

C0ffee's 0n. S0's the ph00, but I haven't seen B0b in a few days. If he don't show up today, no ph00 ph0r y0u!
Old 08-21-2014, 05:24 AM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by chaikwa

I Was gonna offer to live with him and keep things in order, but he gave me 4 grand to stay away!
4 grand?...you charged me 5 grand! I been hoodwinked!
Old 08-21-2014, 07:29 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
G'day eh.
Rain headed our way from Seanland.
Hat, atta boy going to school and werkin the six pak. My keg isn't a 55 gallon drum no more. I can see my shoes even when they're on!
Old 08-21-2014, 09:01 AM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by Scotty
I can see my shoes even when they're on!
That is GREAT Little Twin

Now work on getting your eyes checked because you have your shoes on the wrong feet
Old 08-21-2014, 09:11 AM
Top's Younger Twin

My shoes are not on backwards.

OK, scenario's from night before last.

Storming all night. I get home, go to bed and I hear what sounds like one of the window blinds rustling and moving...all windows are closed, AC on.
What did I find?

A] My daughter standing on her bed looking out watching the storm.
B] An intruder climbing into the bathroom window.
C] Ceiling fan in bdrm causing the blind to move.
D] All of the above.

I had an intruder coming into a window about 20 yrs ago. All I could think to do was to punch the crown of his head which took it down onto the window ledge and knocked him out cold. Plus he fell about 8 ft onto the oscillating sprinkler...into his back.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:24 AM
Admin Team Leader

The answer is definitely most possibly "A"

or maybe "B".....errr...could be "C"...though "D" is a strong possibility...what did I win younger Legger?
Old 08-21-2014, 09:45 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Your daughter standing on her bed helping her boyfriend sneak out the window?
Old 08-21-2014, 09:54 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Tallguy67
There is a guy I work with that I think should join us here in the breakroom. He told me today that on the first day of his vacation he learned a valuable lesson. The lesson is 'do not put the serrated blade of the sawsall through your foot in 2 different places'. He might be a topic of discussion at my next safety meeting. Have a good evening all y'all.
Have saws developed an affinity for human flesh lately. I hope he recovers quickly.

I'm gaining more movement in my hand on a daily basis if one degree at a time counts.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:00 AM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by railroaderone
Have saws developed an affinity for human flesh lately. I hope he recovers quickly.

I'm gaining more movement in my hand on a daily basis if one degree at a time counts.
Keep working it hard Clint.....I know it is tough but that is what will get you the most mobility back.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:39 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning Scotty, RRone, cougar and the silent ones,

Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
Martin,, Tallguy, whoever brought it up, I had to look up masochist, but no, I don't enjoy pain.
What the heck are you doing in the breakroom than?

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Personally I am blaming FiverBob for bringing this junk down from Alaska.
Yeah,, what's up with that? He brought up some great weather than decided to dump on us when he left. Next time I am in Florida I'm going to bring snow.

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
known to wear Mens underwear Under his clothes and then walk around town and Nobody knows he is wearing them
Not one to spread rumors but I heard madhat was doing the same thing and there are pictures to prove it.

I'll tell you right up front that I plan on coming to live with you this winter, but for $4000 I won't come.
That's a bargain compared to what you charged Lary (and he is closer to you). As soon as I get my credit card back from pind I will send it to you.

Currently a really heavy fog has rolled in from the ocean making it really silent. Its so thick that its like wearing earplugs outside.
Its like a really heavy mist. Kinda like angels (or shrews) are spitting on you.

Time for more coffee or a nap.
`
Old 08-21-2014, 11:45 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
And I have to say, it don't get much stranger then you!

Hey, you noticed! Thanks for the compliment. I LIKE being strange, 'cuz normal is sooooooo boring. Working on becoming even stranger, so am looking at the master for tips.
Have you heard of the expression; "it takes one to know one"? Just saying...

Rick, congrats on the new arrival. Better start saving, because this will cost you in the future.

Lary, nice pad. Did it come furnished and with a 45 gallon drum of varnish for the constant upkeep?

Bark, had a relative by marriage like yours. He is gone now. Many years ago he got mad at me because I refused to lend him my torque wrench. Told him I would do the job for him, but no loaning of any tools. Knowing him, they may may never come back, or would come back rusty and damaged. After that, he seldom spoke to me. I was glad. For your sake, hope he stays away for good.

Arrived home this morning at 4:40. That's A.M. and not P.M. Was in bed at 4:55. More and more am hating to travel by air. When I arrived at the Toronto airport 3 hours before my flight departed, was informed that I should have been there 4 hours before the flight!!!! Sheesh! Hate this!!! It is nice to travel, see the kids etc, but sure enjoy coming home. Going to now lock my passport away and try not to use it for a long time.

Spent time with Heidi and husband Mike. Absolutely awesome hosts! They have a nice setup where they live and a nice life. Heidi told me not to say anything about how nice she is because she does not want her bad reputation damaged, so will not say anything about how great a lady she is. I even made friends with her Killer Kat. Animals are supposed to know if a person is bad and as the KK accepted me, guess I passed some sort of test. It was wonderful to meet someone from DTR after many years of bantering and discover that they are real people. Thanks Heidi and Mike for a great time there. Thanks too for playing chauffeur and travel guide and showing us the local sites. Hope to return the favor one day down here.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:06 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
The answer is definitely most possibly "A"

or maybe "B".....errr...could be "C"...though "D" is a strong possibility...what did I win younger Legger?
You won another NoNo

Originally Posted by cougar
Your daughter standing on her bed helping her boyfriend sneak out the window?
Shes 8. He would need a note from his parents.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:29 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Originally Posted by Bark
Currently a really heavy fog has rolled in from the ocean making it really silent. Its so thick that its like wearing earplugs outside.
Its like a really heavy mist.
`
Bark - today would be a good day to re-read 'The Mist' by Stephen King. It is the lead story in the collection of stories called 'The Skeleton Crew' which was published in 1980.

Quick Reply: *!*!*!BREAKROOM - 08/17 to 08/23!*!*!*