Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Fuel pressure isolater

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel pressure isolater

Where are you guys finding a spot to mount fp isolater on a 2002, and how long of a stainless line did you need to get to it? Looking to use adapter banjo bolt off the bottom of the filter housing. Seems to be some room on top of inner tire well in front of firewall, but probably not the easiest to get a drill into. Gotta admit full mechanical seems easier and cheaper, just don't like the idea of plumbing fuel into the cab. Mopar1973man has the hot tip for that route.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just instaled an autometer fpg with the isolator on my 01. I attached the isolator bracket to the firewall just above the brake master cylinder. I teed into the fuel line between the filter and the IP inlet, my ss line to the isolator was made 4' long but thats way too long and i had to loop it in the engine compartment. 2.5-3ft would probably be better. works like a champ though. just make sure you bleed the line well.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mattzram
Where are you guys finding a spot to mount fp isolater on a 2002, and how long of a stainless line did you need to get to it? Looking to use adapter banjo bolt off the bottom of the filter housing. Seems to be some room on top of inner tire well in front of firewall, but probably not the easiest to get a drill into. Gotta admit full mechanical seems easier and cheaper, just don't like the idea of plumbing fuel into the cab. Mopar1973man has the hot tip for that route.
You said it yourself mechanical is the way to go 4yrs no problems Isspro
EV Series mech.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do a search (see below). This topic was covered several times in recent past. Most will tell you the isolators have a poor longevity record, and to use a 'needle valve' as a shut off safety measure!

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ight=isolators

RJ
Old 10-04-2006, 11:10 AM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The needle valve is a great idea and if your worried about fuel in the cab mount it were I mounted mine and then that way god forbid it leaks it just gets on the floor and don't either spray you in the face or dump fuel down your dash board. I have had this setup for about a month now and i have had zero problems with it. In the spots were there was a potential to rub i slipped some extra wire loom sheath casings i had over those spots.

P.S. Sorry for the fuzy shot I think my camera batterys were on there way south when I snaped this photo