VADTR #7 Forum for the Virginia Chapter #7

5'th Annual Claremont Roundup

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 09:27 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I will also bring some goodies for the gathering, looking forward to seeing all my great friends again and eating some of Dodgezillas wings

Hey somebody call PapaSmurf and make sure he and his family can make it as well!
Old 02-15-2010, 08:12 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by RSWORDS
Man this sounds good, close to home too! It will be good to see you again John, should we bring some crabs for you?
------------------------------------------------------------------
That sounds real good buddy! It will be good to see you again too.
We need to give Lucas a call and get him to come out for this event.

--------
John_P
Old 02-15-2010, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by John_P
------------------------------------------------------------------
That sounds real good buddy! It will be good to see you again too.
We need to give Lucas a call and get him to come out for this event.

--------
John_P
calling him now....
Old 02-21-2010, 01:29 PM

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
John P, are you giving "rocket sled" rides this year? The deer in the head light look is in.

I'm coming either way. Hoping to hit three hundred at the wheels. I might even bring a tent if it doesn't rain too much more.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:06 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Boatnik
John P, are you giving "rocket sled" rides this year? The deer in the head light look is in.

I'm coming either way. Hoping to hit three hundred at the wheels. I might even bring a tent if it doesn't rain too much more.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah buddy,....I don't see why we can't do that again as long as Joel is alright with it. But the REAL fast "rocket sled ride" this year will be in Tim Barbers Rocketship!!

---------
John_P
Old 02-22-2010, 06:52 PM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah buddy,....I don't see why we can't do that again as long as Joel is alright with it. But the REAL fast "rocket sled ride" this year will be in Tim Barbers Rocketship!!

---------
John_P
TIM???? unassuming, quiet, hard working, Tim? I find that hard to believe..............NOT! I can't wait to see what he has done this time.

That reminds me, how about everyone that has some, bring some swap meet stuff? I have started accumilating some pieces that I will bring even though I'm still driving my one and only first gen and I am on fixed (that means broke) income. I can't seem to find my stimulis check.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:55 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Boatnik
TIM???? unassuming, quiet, hard working, Tim? I find that hard to believe..............NOT! I can't wait to see what he has done this time.

That reminds me, how about everyone that has some, bring some swap meet stuff? I have started accumilating some pieces that I will bring even though I'm still driving my one and only first gen and I am on fixed (that means broke) income. I can't seem to find my stimulis check.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Good idea on the swap stuff! I definitely have some stuff I will bring.

-------
John
Old 02-24-2010, 12:04 AM

Clarmont is it the other side of surry t words Hopewell?
Old 02-26-2010, 06:12 PM

I've got the wings soaking in the sauce already Lary. They should be good to go by the time we meet up..... LOL
Old 03-01-2010, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by drught
Clarmont is it the other side of surry t words Hopewell?
Drive up route 10 to Spring Grove and turn right. Follow the sign to Clairmont and look for gobs of black smoke.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I may have one whole complete rolling truck for swap meet parts if I can't get this junk running right very soon.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Dieseldude4x4
I may have one whole complete rolling truck for swap meet parts if I can't get this junk running right very soon.
------------------------------
Joel, is your truck giving you problems again??

--------
John_P
Old 03-05-2010, 09:08 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
------------------------------
Joel, is your truck giving you problems again??

--------
John_P

Still......... I can't trust it to even go get a load of lumber. The pedal just goes dead and you can stomp it clean through the floor with no changes. If you turn off the key and turn it right back on, it will run like a bandit until it does it again. That last 44 I got from the midwest only has about 1500 miles on it if that. I thought it might be the ECM but Tim has me leaning more towards the 44 by the way it is acting. Him and I, between our busy schedules, are trying to get another 44 and get it on there to see what it does. I even totally disconnected the Blue Chip before I put on the last 44 thinking it may be burning them up. Same issue again. I'm just about at wits end on this rig.

Anyway, looks like AUgust is shaping up to me another good meet this year. It's a lot of work as you well know, but I really missed it the last two years. Hopefully we can get back on track. I may be down your way in a month or so. Coming down to Wilmington to see brother. I'll look you up.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:10 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Dieseldude4x4
Still......... I can't trust it to even go get a load of lumber. The pedal just goes dead and you can stomp it clean through the floor with no changes. If you turn off the key and turn it right back on, it will run like a bandit until it does it again. That last 44 I got from the midwest only has about 1500 miles on it if that. I thought it might be the ECM but Tim has me leaning more towards the 44 by the way it is acting. Him and I, between our busy schedules, are trying to get another 44 and get it on there to see what it does. I even totally disconnected the Blue Chip before I put on the last 44 thinking it may be burning them up. Same issue again. I'm just about at wits end on this rig.

Anyway, looks like AUgust is shaping up to me another good meet this year. It's a lot of work as you well know, but I really missed it the last two years. Hopefully we can get back on track. I may be down your way in a month or so. Coming down to Wilmington to see brother. I'll look you up.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dang Joel,..... I am sorry to hear about the troubles you have had with your truck buddy! That truck has sure given you some problems, thats for sure Joel. I am going to keep my eyes open for a good 96'-98' Dodge CTD 12 valve for you down here. As I know you remember, that 2002 Dodge CTD 24 valve that I had was the worst Dodge CTD Pickup that I have ever owned. Glad to hear Tim is helping you though.

We are looking forward to the Claremont Event again! Missed not seeing you guys the last two years. It has always been a good event and a good time every time we have come. As in past years Joel, I will try to come early to help you get set-up and will also hit my sponsors down here for some products and giveaways!

Please do give me a call when you come down to see your Brother in Wilmington Joel! I'll buy you lunch buddy!

-------
John
Old 03-06-2010, 12:01 AM

Hey boatnik thanks for info directions.

Quick Reply: 5'th Annual Claremont Roundup