TXDTR #42 Forum for the Texas chapter #42

Stephenville January Meet/Possible dyno day.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, sorry I couldnt make it to the meet on Fri. night. It was rainy and nasty and I wasnt sure where you guys had finally decided to meet. I sure hope to make it to the next one! I just hope my truck is still running by then. Just got back from a long trip and the last 400 miles I pulled a hard headwind and pretty heavy load..............WITH A BLOWN INTERCOOLER BOOT! As far as I can tell nothing is damaged but only time will tell.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:25 PM

Sounds fun! PM your number and Ill give you a call before our next meet if youd like.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:50 PM

So...Im ordering injectors tomorrow or day after, and most likely a 60mm upgrade for my turbo. ALMOST bought a phat shaft 62 tonight but talked my self out of it....settling for the htt stage 3 hx35 upgrade to make mine the infamous hx35/40 for a grand less than the bad PS62. Plus this way I can order my injectors too. And theres a ported/polished/oringed head on ebay that Im trying to get...then Ill need studs and a gasket (Cometic). Oh and I want the HTT exh. manifold...............

Never, Never, NEVER! say you are gonna quit modding for a while...atleast for me it doesnt work. I thought the HP diesel bug had bitten me and moved on, but I guess its in my blood for good. anyone want to make some donations to the baddest 1st gen in Texas cause???
Old 12-17-2007, 10:51 PM

ooooop....almost forgot, the clutch...I know mine wont last long at this rate.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:33 PM

Well shucks Randy! Now that means I'll have to start looking for another HX35..haha. I don't think I'll be doing exhaust anytime soon. I'm still trying to decide what route to go. You say that dyno day in San Antonio is on January 5th? I'm only about an hour from there so I may try to meet you down there.

Randy, I also found a guy listing some injectors for a 91.5 to 93 Cummins that add 50 to 70 horses depending on pump settings and are supposed to increase mileage by 3 MPG. I don't remember his info, but that may be something I might check into.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:35 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by tweeder_51
Hey guys, check out http://www.dynotex.net. Thought maybe we could line them up for a meet. $75 dollars for 3 runs. Tell me what yall think.
You may want to check, but I don't think that dyno is in business anymore. That looks like Bob Davies' dyno and he sold it earlier this year. We ran on it a few times before, but he sold it to someone from up north.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:08 AM

[QUOTE=EatMySmoke;1846304]Well shucks Randy! Now that means I'll have to start looking for another HX35..haha. I don't think I'll be doing exhaust anytime soon. I'm still trying to decide what route to go. You say that dyno day in San Antonio is on January 5th? I'm only about an hour from there so I may try to meet you down there.

Hey, if you are interested in an HX-35, a good friend of mine is putting his 62/14 on this week. I would imagine he would give you a good deal on his turbo that has 120k and is in good shape but I would need to know if youre interested and then ask him. Just send me a pm with the amount you want to pay and Ill hit him up.

Randy, I am pm'ing you my # right now. BTW, I know exactly what you mean about the neverending mod list. I had returned my truck to stock but since I blew a intercooler boot stock, Im bombing it hard in the next 2 weeks.......Jammer 2's, Edge Comp, intake, stacks! to give it a reason to tear things up. I was going to get the new Adrenaline race box but I have been waiting since June/July and the Alpha/Beta testing took WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too long so Im just settling for the Comp. I was really excited at first but my patience has worn completely away and Im sure there is no chance of me getting a BETA box so now im just mad I have gone stock for so long!!!!!
Old 12-18-2007, 09:16 AM

Well let me tell you a little about tearing things up, might sound fun but WAY TOO expensive and too long to get fixed! I had more mods in my sig. took them off the truck since they were some causes as to my truck being in the shop a week and a half before Thanksgiving. Still don't have it back and am really hoping to have it before the weekend! It's freakin ridiculous! If I don't have it back by the weekend then I'm looking at well after the 1st of the year to get it back, which I can't take anymore!
Old 12-18-2007, 10:27 AM

You need to go first gen Jordan....no PCM problems lol.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:29 AM
Chapter President

Colton, did your band dissolve or something?
Randy, quit talking about turbos and injectors, I can't afford to keep up with you on the bombing list.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Duallydog
Colton, did your band dissolve or something?
Randy, quit talking about turbos and injectors, I can't afford to keep up with you on the bombing list.
$300 turbo and $635 injectors including $125 core charge. Not too bad IMO.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:15 PM

When's all that going to be in Randy? Looks like some more work, you gonna try selling the POD's? you could send in the stock 9mm's for your core. Just a thought.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:18 PM

Pretty good deal on all that Randy! Gonna put it in, or gonna wait for the next meet?

Yeah, well what's taking them so long is that they wanted to make sure that they weren't missing anything or overlooking something. If they order the PCM and find out that they could've fixed it some other way then I'm STILL stuck with the cost of the PCM. So I can understand and appreciate them trying to save me money, but they knew a week ago today that it was the PCM, so that's what's really eating me up. I just need that truck back!!! I'm supposed to go with my girl out to meet her dad on Sat.!!!
Old 12-18-2007, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by cbtumedic
When's all that going to be in Randy? Looks like some more work, you gonna try selling the POD's? you could send in the stock 9mm's for your core. Just a thought.
Hadnt ordered just yet. Waiting for a response from 1stgen.org on what injectors. Gonna order the turbo this evening though. Yeah Im sending in the 9s for cores or selling them on here, and selling the pod's. If Dawson wants them, Ill cut him a deal. If not, my buddy in El paso wants them.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:59 PM

Ok, I've got a real nice Trany cooler. Only used for a month, and a red racing toggle switch for it, I have the hoses for it as well but no electrical wires. Anyone interested let me know, just need to try and get something out of it. If not it'll go up on e-bay.

Colton - I have that pillar mount as well, let me know if you're interested in it, if I can't sell the Edge on e-bay I have a buyer on here but would like the pillar mount also if it's available.....so it's up to you.

Quick Reply: Stephenville January Meet/Possible dyno day.