Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

trailer rental?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 12:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trailer rental?

Hey everyone. gotta question for ya all. Are there places (like U-haul but not u haul) That rent out Car trailers? Basically what im looking for is an enclosed car hauler to rent for a few days,, Cant say ive ever needed one but my brothers tiburon ( yeah watch 2 fast 2 furious Its one of thsoe cars) Won its way through car shows to a pretty big show down south sometime next month. Im from iowa,, His car is a daily driver so right now its in the shop getting all repainted and buffed, Got some new goodies on the way, But its a 400 mile trip to the show. Lil far to be driving the car after all the work, not that in a normal time wed care being it is a daily, But just for the accident causes and then all the road grime and everything the trailer is the best way in our eyes, And if they do anything like the travel trailer does my mileabe will only drop about 4 mpg wich wont be all to bad on the fuel pocket bookk either

So, Does anyone know where or ofa company that rents enclosed trailers? Do RV places do this? I found a few rv rentals, But there all class C campers, What would be great is to get a toy hauler with living quarters up front. The we wold be set.

btw, if anyone on the fourm builds trailers, Some of our major work is/has been sponsored, ( custom body kit and such) Which we put the names on our car and also have a board with the company logos and buisness cards. If you would like to lend or rent at a reduced rate we would love to hear from you. We do activly advertise our sponsers,
Old 06-17-2005, 06:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hum.... never seen enclosed ones for rent, at least not big enough to haul a car. Most equiptment yards should have flatties for rent, ya might wanna give them a call and check. US rents? Hertz, something like that.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:57 AM

Any hot rod shops, that want to "sponser" your entry by lending you a trailer?
If you have the gift of gab, you may be able to pull it off.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:00 AM

Don't know where you are at unless I missed that part but there are some that do it. Here is a place in NC.

good luck

ok, I did miss it. Iowa, well atleast you know someone does it.

http://www.goldengait.com/rental_trailers.asp
Old 06-17-2005, 09:05 AM
Banned

I'm in the trailer rental business here locally and the sad part of this story is that as of January of this last year some federal legislation was passed that made insurance companies nervous. Most insurance companies sent out fliers to their customers announcing that car haulers would no longer be covered under their insurance plans. Several other rental companies I talk with also received the exact same info. So as a result about the only car haulers left are the big U Haul type companies that are self insured. Good Luck at the shows.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:51 PM

Look to a RV dealer.... here in VA there are several that sell / rent haulers that have a small living area in the front