Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Trailer Brake Controller Suggesions

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 05:18 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Re:Trailer Brake Controller Suggesions

JORDAN!!!
If you have used both the Jordan and Prodigy, the odds are probably about 95% you will stick with the Jordan. Much smoother and no quirkyness that you can get with the Prodigy. Works just like your truck brakes.
Old 11-14-2003, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I burnt my voyager up and decided to ask you guys this question. I got the same answers about the Jordan and the Prodigy. Since I bought the Jordan and I had a voyager, I figured I could share some practical experience. The Voyager, which is alot like the Prodigy, uses an inertia sensor to apply brake bias and can be tempermental. Applying to little or to much for what you want it to do and the Inertia sensor isn't very durable to vibrations(IMHO). The Jordan has a control cable which is directly connected from truck brake pedal to controller and it tells the controller how much psi you have applied to the truck brakes and in turn sends the appropriate signal to the trailer. It seems to be a durable setup and is very easy to install. It senses connectivity and load of the trailer brakes and will warn you of shorts and opens in the circuit. I like it so far and it is very easy to use. Plus it was afew bucks cheaper than the prodigy.
Old 11-15-2003, 04:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Although I'd rather have a Jordan, I couldn't pass up the $79.99 "Take It" price on Prodigys over at the amazon.com auctions. If I were to rely solely on my experience with the Voyager I'd never buy another Tekonsha product again, but I just couldn't say no to that deal on the Prodigy.

$86.99 delivered.