Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Anyone familiar with SuperSprings?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone familiar with SuperSprings?

Has anyone out there tried or is using the SuperSprings? www.supersprings.com/ The reviews seem good but thought I would check in places other than dealer sites for comments. I just bought a 5er toyhauler. I doesn't squat my 2500 too bad...unloaded. Once I load it up, that may be a different story and am wanting to give the truck a little help. These seem like a better solution over air bags. Trailer is 11,900 and I know I'm running near the manufacturer's limits but figure they err to the conservative.

Last edited by 5Oclock; 01-22-2008 at 04:40 PM. Reason: adding a picture
Old 01-22-2008, 11:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
IMHO, there is no better spring than an air spring. I have driven a lot of semis and pulled even more trailers with them. I have a set of bags over the springs on my '67 W200 and wouldn't trade them for anything. Once again, that's just my opinion.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:55 PM

I can't even really imagine why there's rear overload spring products other than airbags...they're so cheap, easy to install, and easily adjustable.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:24 PM

super springs

They are great, easy to install, takes about 30 minutes and the best part is if you trade trucks some day you can take them off and put them on your new truck. Will not effect the ride height unloaded and will keep your truck level when you have your rv hooked up. They have two settings to choose from so you can make them stiffer if you need to for a extra heavy load. If you have a B&W hitch they don't get in the way like air bags and they will never leak the air out, ha ha. The set I have on my 2007 Dodge I bought for my 96 powerjoke, then I put them on a 99 powerjoke, then a 04. After having turbo trouble and a few other things I took them off of the 2004 Ford and now have them on my new Dodge.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:43 AM

another option to look at are http://www.timbren.com. I have used these for years and they work great without having to worry about air leakage(they have no air to leak.), and they support up to 6k.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:54 PM

Smile tried the Super Springs

First, thanks for the input. That said I decided to give the super springs a try. Pretty easy to install. About an hour with only simple hand tools. Initially, they did raise the bed several inches and stiffened the ride. I contacted the place I bought them from, loadandtow.com. The owner there said this wasn't normal and needed to do some research and would get back to me. Less than 1/2 hour later I had a call from a tech at the SS factory. He echoed the dealer's take but wanted to help find a solution none the less. After some further research on their end (again less than a 1/2 hour) they decided to send me a new/longer set of shackles for the front of the spring. The standard shackle solves a problem with the Ford Super Duty's having a clearance issue. 2 days later the new shackles arrived. It took about an hour to remove the springs, change the shackle out and re-install. Now the truck is back to the normal ride height and ride. Now when I load the 5ver it rides perfectly level. No muss, no fuss. So far the product works as claimed and the company is pretty reputable.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:42 PM
WAM

I have Supersprings and airbags. I like the springs and don't like the bags.

The springs support a large camper and medium towing. They work well, but do make various mechanical clanks and clunks, mostly noticeable with the windows down. I use the bags when I step up to a 10k trailer. Works well for that purpose, but with the truck level or even slightly tail high, there isn't enough room between the axle and frame where the bag is mounted, and a lot of shock comes thru the bag (it bottoms out). If I add more air I can avoid that, but then the rear is really high. I might get rid of the bags and just let the truck sag a little with the big trailer. Or I guess I could lift the front a little and run the bags with more air to avoid bottoming them out.