Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

2004 Newmar Mountain Aire

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 04:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Newmar Mountain Aire

This is for you guys that are pulling Newmar fivers. What is a good discount from list for a 2004 Mountain Aire? I am thinking 25% but I am not sure if that is realistic.<br><br>Casey
Old 06-17-2003, 06:11 AM

Re:2004 Newmar Mountain Aire

Go for it, I know the Newmar Mountain Aire is padded with markup. My friend purchased a Alpenlite, loaded with all the extras, at over 1/3 off. The dealer was retiring and liquidating his inventory. Catch the dealer when he is hungry or anxious to go fishin and you've got a good deal.<br><br>Phil
Old 06-18-2003, 11:52 AM

Casey,<br> Not sure on the new pricing as mine was used when I found it. Sure would hate to leave Newmar quality though. <br> You can try www.irv2.com or rv.net and search there but consensus from my readings says that around the 20% number is a good price. The dealer has to live too.<br> In any event you will love Newmar quality even though it may weigh a bit more.<br><br>Bill<br>
Old 06-18-2003, 12:38 PM

Bill,<br><br>I have a Newmar American Star now. ;D That is why I am buying another Newmar. They build a good product.<br><br>Casey
Old 06-18-2003, 12:58 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Have a very good friend who is a salesman for a huge dealership. He says 28% is a pretty good start on the better name brands. Ours is a Carriage - - I had 31% for a final. I had a deal on a Mountainaire at 29%, but decided I didn't want to drive a Mack truck to pull it and still wanted about 36' of coach, so we bought the Carriage. Be sure you watch the weights carefully.
Old 06-18-2003, 03:49 PM

most of the brands of <br>RVs built in the strip east of Elkhart east along the MI border to Middleburry, IN are located in Amish Country, many of these plants have the black horse drawn buggies parked outside. In Middleburry, IN you have two large companies, Jayco and Coachmen. <br><br>Whether a top-of-the-line or entry level factory they have Amish workers. The companies like to advertise that Amish craftsman ship went into the product, however, the quality of the RV depends on the attitude of the management and assembly line workers. The Amish workers do bring their honesty, integrety, and their sense of pride in the work of their hands. Many people confuse the Amish and the Mennonites, the later being a much larger group of Christians in the area, The Newmar Corp was founded by two Mennonites and has been managed by them since its founding. Here is a quote from their web site: <br>&quot;The company has been managed by Mennonites from the start, founded in a community rich with hardworking and talented individuals. Newmar applies its Christian principles of honesty, courtesy, morality, fairness, reasonableness and reliability to customers, employees, suppliers and financial institutions. Newmar offers RVs that possess quality and value, traits that maintain Newmar as a leader in the RV industry.&quot; <br><br>You can readthe remainder of their history atNewmar Corp History