Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Towing and Hauling / RV (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/towing-hauling-rv-95/)
-   -   $100 AirLift Rebate (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/towing-hauling-rv-95/%24100-airlift-rebate-299751/)

AirLiftCompany 01-23-2012 11:43 AM

$100 AirLift Rebate

If you are interested in purchasing an air bag setup for your truck, our $100 rebate expires at the end of the month. This is the largest rebate we have ever offered, and wanted to make sure everyone was aware that it is about to end.

Below is a quick overview of the main qualifications for the rebate:

To receive a $100.00 rebate by mail from Air Lift you MUST:
-Buy a qualifying Air Lift air spring kit AND an Air Lift on board air compressor system within 30 days of each other between 10/1/11 and 1/31/12.
-Qualifying air spring kits: LoadLifter5000 and RideControl. This offer excludes Air Lift 1000.
-Qualifying on board air compressor systems: WirelessAIR, WirelessONE, SmartAir, all LoadController series and QuickShot

Please visit this link for full limitations and rebate form.

Let me know if you have any questions about this offer or any of our products.

gpshemi 01-31-2012 08:44 PM

What ever you do though don't buy the wireless air system though. The automatic valve has an admitted (to me via email) design flaw. It dumps air during a turn then re fills for a split second all the time. Drives you nuts and will surely wear the pump out prematurely. Airlift refused to make it right by me though. There's a whole thread with like 8 or 9 folks who hate the way it runs. Stick to the manual systems from like Firestone.

AirLiftCompany 01-31-2012 08:57 PM

Do you have a link to this thread? This is the first I have heard of this problem, however I have only been with AirLift for a few months.

Do you still have the wireless kit on your truck? Is it the wirelessOne or wirelessAIR? I would like to look into this more for you if possible.

gpshemi 01-31-2012 09:17 PM

Google "gpshemi airlift". It's on RVnet somewhere as well along with Chris' addmission to a design flaw.

The product has been a disappointment. Runs when it shouldn't. Looses contact with valve controller for no reason only to come back on its own for whatever reason.

Chris eventually offered to sell me a new manual controller for several hundred bucks as if that was going to make me happy after spending a premium the flawed wireless unit that he says they we're working on redesigning after becoming aware of the issue.

I still run it. I don't have much of a choice. An onboard dual controller like the Firestone unit on my last truck is too much money to buy over what I already have into it. So I live with it....when it works.

gpshemi 01-31-2012 09:20 PM

http://www.rv.net/CFORUM/index.cfm/f...g/24229124.cfm

AirLiftCompany 02-01-2012 05:41 AM

Thanks for the links. I'll look into this more and talk with my main customer service rep to get more information. I apolagize for your troubles, I will see if there is anything I can do to help you out.

AirLiftCompany 02-01-2012 04:53 PM

gpshemi, I sent you a PM. I hope to hear back more information regarding your situation by tomorrow.

gpshemi 02-01-2012 07:05 PM

I got your pm and replied. It's regretable that my voice is just now heard though. Air-lift has lost out on several forum sales.

Can you tell me if the Wireless-Air was ever re-vamped as the previous contact indicated was underway?

AirLiftCompany 02-01-2012 08:32 PM

Im not sure how long ago you purchased your unit but I assume it wasn't too long after it was released. It has been revised and a couple improvements have been made, however I don't have specifics as to what changes were made.

gpshemi 02-01-2012 08:40 PM

In that thread on 3/11/10 I said I was placing the order. I know I put the system on for my toyhauler which I picked up in March also. Then in June I was questioning the group on the odd functioning.

AirLiftCompany 02-02-2012 05:32 AM

That should be the previous design then. I will let you know what I find out today.

gpshemi 02-02-2012 08:35 AM

I would guess so too. It seems I bought it not long after it came out.

Thanks.

AirLiftCompany 02-02-2012 11:43 AM

I sent you a reply to the PM. Our National Sales Manager would like to get in contact with you to make things right for you.

rattlerbob5.9 02-02-2012 06:09 PM

Mike,
Nice to see someone pick up the ball and run with it all while sticking your neck out in a public forum even though you were not even there until after the problem had cropped up.

gpshemi - better late then never too bad it had to go this far to get the customer service you should have received back then.

Let us know how it works out gentlemen.

gpshemi 02-02-2012 06:30 PM

IT IS NICE! Mike gets a gold star for running this up the tree when he could have let sleeping dogs...well...I haven't been a sleeping dog I guess. I didn't want my fellow forum members (regardless of which one) to have any of the troubles I had.

The NSM called me today. It appears Chris is no longer with the company. Frankly, I'd say that's for the better since I wasn't especially impressed with him. It appears they've learned some things since my early V1. They're on V3 now I'm told. I was asked to try out the newer version and report, as well as invited to stop by as visit the factory since I'm only 1.5 hrs away. I took him up on the newer model. Mine basically stopped working anyway, so I'm only out the effort of installing if it doesn't work any better. Although they offered to swap them out for me as well I'll add.

I am greatful for him reaching out to me. I hope it's as genuine as it appears, but it's human nature to wonder if it's really because a company has an interest in making it right, orrr if it's just a business decision to try and grease the squeeky wheel in hopes he'll shut up and go away. I think he wants to make it right though.

I will report back at some point. Nothing beter then telling everyone this is a company that is interested in you being happy with their product.

AirLiftCompany 02-02-2012 08:01 PM

Definitely let us know how everything goes for you. I've seen people on other forums have issues with the original version, not the same issue you reported but others.

I've only been with the company a couple of months, but was brought on to monitor 4 different forums as part of a continuous improvement of quality service. After seeing how issues are dealt with, I have a very good view of AirLift. I truly believe they are committed to service and not just greasing the squeaky wheel. They could have hired me just to push customers to the site, but on a weekly basis I see them truly strive to make customers with issues happy once again.

gpshemi 02-02-2012 08:35 PM

A company policy change it seems. Honorable...

gpshemi 05-29-2012 12:08 PM

Thought I'd stop in and say that Airlift sent me a completely new unit that is suppose to be revised and perform better. Which is great, because as I suspected, the first unit ran itself to death. The control module stopped responding to the wireless unit. So customer service is great.

However...it still doesn't work correctly. It still adds and dumps air randomly on turns and braking. To make matters worse, the new system is not tied into the ignition in an effort to make wiring easier. However, the added downside to this is if the system develops a leak, the controller will try to fill till the truck is dead. Also, the system randomly now adds and dumps air while sitting in the driveway doing nothing - ALL THE TIME. I now have to pull the fuse to make is stop. This results in having to sync it again when you go to use it again by grounding out a wire and blah blah.

Overall it's a great concept with a poor execution. I tore the brand new system out and ordered a Firestone Dual (manual) controller. I'm far more reliable.

AirLiftCompany 06-04-2012 11:22 AM

Sorry for the delayed response, but I have been in contact with our design and customer service groups regarding your issues. The issues you seem to be having are not common to this product. Since you are located only an hour away they are offering for you to visit and have the system diagnosed. Both the new and old kit should be wired into an ignition source, and if the compressor keeps clicking on you may also have a leak. The controller and manifold are linked in house before shipping, so pulling the fuse shouldn’t necessitate for you to relink either.

I will send you a PM with my main contact’s info to setup a time for you to come in if you would like. All of our products are designed and manufactured in Lansing, MI; so the ones who would be diagnosing your problems are the same people who designed and manufactured the kit originally. Again, I apologize for your troubles but if possible we would like a chance to make this right for you.

gpshemi 06-04-2012 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by AirLiftCompany (Post 3109805)
Sorry for the delayed response, but I have been in contact with our design and customer service groups regarding your issues. The issues you seem to be having are not common to this product. Since you are located only an hour away they are offering for you to visit and have the system diagnosed. Both the new and old kit should be wired into an ignition source, and if the compressor keeps clicking on you may also have a leak. The controller and manifold are linked in house before shipping, so pulling the fuse shouldn’t necessitate for you to relink either.

I will send you a PM with my main contact’s info to setup a time for you to come in if you would like. All of our products are designed and manufactured in Lansing, MI; so the ones who would be diagnosing your problems are the same people who designed and manufactured the kit originally. Again, I apologize for your troubles but if possible we would like a chance to make this right for you.

It's to little to late.
I beg to differ that these are not typical issues. The others on my RV thread are experiencing the same issues. Starts stops at random. Sometimes it revolves around starting or braking or turning, but it'll do it in the driveway too.

As for wiring it to an ignition source, there is only one large gauge wire to run now. It's main power. Any ignition source that you would tap for that gauge wire is just asking to overload the source I'd think. It's suppose to go directly to the battery according to the install. There is no second wire for the relay. Altbough I suppose a person could undo the factory relay as it stands out of the box and run it to a switched source like the previous generation Wireless Air Lift.

However, it really isn't here nor there. The logic in the wireless controller is foolish. As soon as it see's a hint of air pressure difference (turning stopping starting) it tries to readjust. It wore the first unit out. This next generation unit does the same thing. Although I'll admit slightly different. It doesn't seem to do it off turns as much, but more on starting stopping now. I'll add that I deadheaded the lines coming from the manifold for grins and the system still tries to adjust off and on at times. These controllers are posessed I think.

As far as it being linked from the factory, mine didn't work out of the box. It gave me a failure. I synced it again and it was fine aside from the logic I mentioned. I pulled the fuse to keep it from running randomly. Playing devils advocate here, I resynced it after hooking it back up. I did not try it first. I figured it had to resync when you take power off since it didn't work out of the box. I stand corrected.

I tore this brand new unit you sent me back out and I'm installing the Firestone dual controller (manual) like I had in my last truck. It worked flawlessly. I'd try their wireless unit if I wasn't so bitter and frustrated with this one. It's just not worth the problems and quirks you get with it.

Just out of curiousity...what happens if the line blows off or a bag lets go. Will it continue to run forever or does it time out eventually? I was afraid that would drain my battery dead since I couldn't turn it off.

Also, both units loose connection from time to time and that leaves you without control period. That is until it decides to work again of course.

gpshemi 06-04-2012 12:02 PM

"local" is 1.5hrs away also...not exactly a hop and skip at $4 a gallon these day.
Although I can appreciate the offer.

AirLiftCompany 06-04-2012 02:57 PM

The national sales manager and lead customer service rep have been brought up to speed on your recent reply. They are offering to pay for your gas to travel to our facility if you would be interested in having it diagnosed.

I was not trying to antagonize you or your problems, merely pointing out how the system was designed to operate. If you would be willing to take us up on the offer to pay for your gas and allow us to diagnose your system please reference the same info I sent you in the PM earlier.

gpshemi 06-04-2012 03:34 PM

I know the Rep is and Jim was nice to deal with and nice enough to send me a completely new unit to try. I would take you up on your offer except for three things.

1) I've played with this contraption long enough. Perhaps if they'd have been more willing to make it right from the start rather than blowing me off. At this point it seems it's more an effort to quiet the squeeky wheel and damage control after I started posting my review on it everywhere that seemed fitting. All I can say to that is you reap what you sow. Customer service is everything in todays techinological days.

2) Nothing accounts for my time I've burned installing, diagnosing, and reinstalling these things. I already have a fool proof solution - Firestone controller.

3) The system has already been removed.

Regardless of any of that, we have to admit that there's nothing to really diagnose here. The system is simple enough to install. It's not rocket science. Hell the new version only had one wire to run. Both these controllers behave exactly like what others are experiencing on the forums. Its all in the manifold's logic. The manifolds shouldn't have a reaction time that is so short. It needs to sense pressure change over time to work correctly. Dumping only to turn around and fill seconds later is just dumb. Both units did it just like others are seeing.

Bottom line...thanks but no thanks. I made up my mind on it and I'm just trying to warn other RV'ers to spare them the same pains (loss of serious money and time). It's flawed just exactly like Air Lift admitted to in email and I shared previously online. There's not much more to be done on my part considering the design, other than eat the costs and move on. Air Lift can not fix this as the product stands. From Air-Lifts stance I can think you can only review and refine your system further. You could buy my gas, or buy the product back, and use that as a counter point in the future, but frankly I'd rather take one for the team, eat it, and keep warning others away from the product till it's right. Hopefully someone will do the same for me someday with another faulty product.

Good luck.

gpshemi 06-04-2012 04:01 PM

For what it's worth to others, the manual does say to use the fuse tap to an ignition switched source. If figure that would have to be an empty source though to prevent an additional 15amps on that curcuit. I have Bully dog programmers and Boss plow goodies. Not sure I have one left. I used the orignal line from the first install (battery) so I didn't have to run a new line. That *would* prevent having to pull the fuse if you have room to tap a wire. I prefer the original setup (battery direct) since my fuse box has a sealed lid and makes it hard to tap using a fuse tap.