TNDTR #34 Forum for the Tennessee chapter #34

TNDTR Chapter #34 Discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 07:06 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey you guys all fall off the face of the Earth??? Still working on the dyno day, kinda been placed on the side burner. Still doing some job hunting etc. Going up to Knoxville on Friday to interview and see what happens. Sounds like an EXCELLENT Company, just hope insurance/pay are where I need them. If I land the job then I'll be able to pick a definite date and set it all up, then we can do a head count. I'll have to get over by his place and see how it is set up and see if we.....I can set my grille up somewhere and we can do burgers/brats/dogs etc.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:59 PM

sorry, i was on a camping trip! 2wd performed excellent. i also love to grille so i think a tailgate while trucks are running through the dyno is an awsome idea. i haven't been able to get any more info on the dyno up here, i will see what i can find the next few days. gotta see if a can get a few mods to the truck or my showing on the dyno would just be pathetic!
Old 10-03-2006, 11:01 PM

Still here. Just busy with work. Really lookin forward to a dyno day as ive never been on a dyno.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:47 PM

stopped by the shop in springfield, the guy only has an engine dyno, no rollers. oh well. thinking about stacks for my 4x4, just can't figure out how i want to route them.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:53 PM
Chapter President

Stacks.......mmmmmmmmm......you had to remind me. I keep thinking about them but wifey says, "you don't need stacks, there won't be any room in the bed of the truck!" But I plead with her, "but honey, they look so cool!"
Old 10-07-2006, 10:49 PM
Chapter President

Ordering my pyro(finally) on Monday. Found it for $124!! That's cheaper than the Vulcan lines! Wait a minute....have to call and make sure, I'm wondering if it actaully comes with the probe and lead. I saw it at the same place a few months ago for around $150 and it came with the lead/probe....have to look somemore
Old 10-11-2006, 11:10 AM

I just got back from almost a week of "vacation" at the Commrmorative Air Force (CAF) Airsho in Midland, TX. It's gonna take me a while to catch upon the forums.

Now that THAT is behind me, I'll probably be dropping my fuel tank to add a DrawStraw real soon. And who-knows what else.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:17 PM
KVD

We still on for next weekend????
Old 10-12-2006, 07:17 PM
Chapter President

We are still on! Be there with smoke rings!! I need to call them yahoo's over at O'charleys and reserve some tables, I don't want us scattered all through the place, so it's official....We have 20 people coming on saturday and if there are not 20 there.....they must have had something come up!

Good day today, got my pyro in the mail and got a phone call from my new job saying that my drug test and background check were good and the job is mine. So tomorrow I drop the bomb at the caddy store and will probably just leave in the morning to go load my tools onto the new truck and then haul my toolbox home. Seems to be the best way to do it.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:22 PM

Just a friendly hello from your neighboring chapter 31.

HELLO POOPIE HEADS
Old 10-12-2006, 09:39 PM

20?
I hope you weren't counting me.

Y'all have fun. I just had my truck on the dyno a month or so ago. No need to do it again until I've got more stuff "fixed". If a drawstraw don't fix anything, at least it might prevent or delay it from happening again.

I am curious to see what I find when I drop the tank and look at the pickup screen.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:59 AM
KVD

I think a buddy of mine from MS is gonna come with me. He is in school down there for John Deere but he will be back that weekend.

He as a 96 2500 4x4 auto with a custom sleeper (kinda ugly to me but it's a CTD).

Maybe yal can get him to join the forum so I can up a lock switch in his truck.

So far we slide the factory plate forward (need to crank on the star screw a little), now he needs a shift kit (nothin big) and the lock up switch and maybe the 3k gsk spring kit.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:12 PM

hey shawn, how'd it go today? burn any bridges?
Old 10-14-2006, 01:37 PM
Chapter President

Prospector, that was "20"...cough, cough people so I can reserve some tables so we don't get scattered throughout the place. Like I said if all 20 don't show up, well they must have had something come up...cough, cough..

Well, no bridges burnt. It went over quite well actually. Just told them the main reason why I was leaving, getting tired of getting the shaft from the General fixin his cars with less than 10,000 miles on them. Plus it's getting way to slow, doing more standing around and not getting paid to wait on the next turd to roll through the door. Soooooo, they were cool with it, shop foreman said, "you going back to them stinking diesels huh?" and laughed. I said, "well you know me". He said to stop on by some time and see us and I said no problem, I'll stop in on those holidays when I have off and you guys are here working! He laughed and said, " _________ you!!" While laughing. So they understand why. Service Manager said it's been the same pay system since you started here. I told him yeah, but for 14 years I got paid by the hour and that was even when it was slow and I was painting lines and pushing a broom.

So I left there and moved my box over to the new job and swapped my tools from my $8000 toolbox into a $35-40,000 Ford F550. Hauled the box home yesterday afternoon and parked it in my garage, WoW that thing is big!! Checked out the Ford and it's an automatic....which will be nice with all the driving I'll be doing! It's a good looking truck....I'll have to ask them if I can tint the windows on it though....or maybe get them tinted. Just one more truck to keep clean!!
Old 10-14-2006, 08:02 PM
Chapter President

Well got my pyro in today. I removed the nuts and pulled the turbo back and put cardboard over the turbo. Then drilled and blasted and cranked her over to belch out whatever may have landed in the manifold. Shot a good blast out the exhaust and hit my cardboard, popped it up and must have spun the turbo a bit, did not spin much cause I had one of those latex gloves over the inlet...to keep and debris out and it sucked my protection onto the wheel. Well it came off easily, pushed the cardboard back down and put a prybar over it to hold it down and did it one more time.

Got it all wired up and the red wire I have learned needs to be on it's own circuit for battery voltage. I turn my dash lights down and the pyro stays bright but when you get the lights dimmed all the way....it shuts the pyro off!! Voltage must be to low to power the gauge!! Yeah, I know.... So gonna pull a gauge out tomorrow and wire in yet another wire.

Quick Reply: TNDTR Chapter #34 Discussion thread