TNDTR #34 Forum for the Tennessee chapter #34

Looking to make a friend, in E. TN

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to make a friend, in E. TN

Ok, here is what we are doing, and more specifically, what I'm looking for. Currently, my wife, daughter, and I, live in Florida. My wife is coming up to Knox county the end of April, for a job interview. IF she gets the job, the wife and daughter will be relocating to Tennessee over the summer. I will bring our fiver up there, not exactly sure where yet, as that depends a lot on where she will be teaching. I know we both like the Seymour area, and checked out Gatlinburg when we were up there last Christmas, but it all depends on where she will be teaching and where the RV parks are located. About six to twelve months later, I will also relocate, but will stay in Florida until then. Here is where a friend comes in. During that time between relocations, if she needs help with a car problem, the fiver, or even moving the fiver, I'm not gonna be much help. It would be nice to know that if she calls me because she is having a problem with her car, that there is someone up there, that could give me a better idea, as to what might be the problem. If she calls me because a bad storm is coming thru, I know I can call someone to move the fiver. She has friends up there, but nobody with any kind of mechanical knowledge, nor the ability to move the fiver, if needed. She has some mechanical knowledge (at least I would hope so after being married to a mechanic for 16 years) but not enough. If anybody could let me know if they might be able to help, please let me know. I'd like to go ahead and start the discussions now, so that when the time comes to move, we already a friendship, building. That way when I bring them up, we can meet in person, and not be strangers. Feel free to send me a message at your leisure, and I'll send you my contact information. Thanks guys, and I do appreciate any help I can get.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like I'll be dropping the fiver off just outside of Knoxville, on June 20. The wife will be be returning the following week, to look for a job. Finally, we're making the move.